Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], mark.f, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

florescent tubes

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:40 pm

frankrede wrote:Launch it into a large trashcan tipped on its side,

of course it would be just like throwing it into the dumpster at a smaller scale, thats the kind of answer I'm looking for

I'm pretty aware of these concerns but I still don't care, its easy to protect yourself from something as brittle as paper thin glass, mercury vapor I'm a little skeptical on most mercury threats, the cold weather ought to reduce the threat a little for that tiny amount of mercury released, my reasoning may not be able to dismiss your claims but it still puts it out most of my worries. I still want to at least try it in my pneumatic, I'll tell you what happens after I get around to it

Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: benstern » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:27 am

As stated, it contains mercury vapor and as such is classified as a HAZMAT item. We should never shoot anything that is dangerous to the environment. The glass is a minor issue.

"The amount of mercury in a standard lamp can vary dramatically, from 3 to 46 mg"
Around 5-7 of the tubes can contaminate a ~2 mile stretch of stream or river.

My point, if you want to get rid of the tubes, find someone locally who can recycle it properly.

Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Mr. Beaver » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:05 pm

from my knowledge i think ... i'm sure it's a bad idea but from what this says http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ammo-ideas-t1724.html the florescent tubes aren't that rare ammunition anyway maybe i'm just being stupid and florescent light and tubes aren't the same thing....

Mr. Beaver

Return to General Spud Cannon Related