Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 84 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 79 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Another semi/full auto idea...

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
  • Author

Another semi/full auto idea...

Unread postAuthor: BigJon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:41 pm

I'm not sure if this has been thought of before but I came up with this a few days ago and it sounded good then so please tell me what you think of it.

The idea is to use use a blow forward bolt that is held in the forward position by a sear and when it is released back, strikes the valve open. This will release air that will push the bolt/hammer forward hopefully and send the projectile out the barrel.

I searched the forums to make sure that an idea just like this hasn't already been posted, but incase I missed it then disregard this please.

gun animation.gif
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:59 pm

The only suggestion I would have is maybe make the back piston a bit smaller to make the area difference more significant. You could make it seal against a bushing or something.

The only other thing is if the forward bolt could open the valve, you'd need a strong spring, which then has to give way to the force of pressure, could be tricky.

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:06 pm

well its really just like a paintball gun setup with the auto reseting hammer valve and stuff if you search through all the paint ball gun designs you might find it, it could work fine but this has gotten me interested in a recent tread

edit: hmm it doesn't really fit the trend I was thinking of,well I think it needs more momentum especially with that it needs enough air to return the entire bolt back and counter spring tension that will subtract from the force of the air on the projectile

I could think of a way it can be used in a piston valve but are you focused on preserving the air

Major General
Major General

Return to General Spud Cannon Related