Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 82 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 79 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

The lack of homemade pumps.

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:38 pm

I hate blockbuster, always catch a virus when i'm there, some sick people work there. Also they're really slow, and always give me something else then what i'm looking for.

Personally I like <A HREF="http://www.warez-bb.org/">Civic Videos.</a>

You just need a <A HREF="http://www.rapidshare.com/">Rapid Videos</a> membership to obtain as many DVD's as possible in the shortest amount of time.

I've got over 250 from them, great store.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:42 pm

I use Blockbuster's search feature and find it to be quite reliable if you know how to look, and never had trouble with viruses if you ignore the popups and regularly run anti-spyware programs. Some great documentaries available too, recent purchases include "weaponology" and "modern marvels".

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 am

MrCrowley wrote:
al-xg wrote:Mmm yes, the cannon is actualy a silenced shotgun... he just hold both at the same time.
Turns out i saw the restricted trailer. And it seems it has been removed from a lot of places.

Wrong.
He has another cannon, which is the shotgun. I've seen the movie and he has the cattle killer and a shotgun, two different guns. The shotgun doesn't run off the N2(?) tank, the cattle killer does.

I thought that was what he said...

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:33 am

Hotwired wrote:
MrCrowley wrote:
al-xg wrote:Mmm yes, the cannon is actualy a silenced shotgun... he just hold both at the same time.
Turns out i saw the restricted trailer. And it seems it has been removed from a lot of places.

Wrong.
He has another cannon, which is the shotgun. I've seen the movie and he has the cattle killer and a shotgun, two different guns. The shotgun doesn't run off the N2(?) tank, the cattle killer does.

I thought that was what he said...

So did I, but he said..
the cannon is actualy a silenced shotgun... he just hold both at the same time.

The cannon he was refering to with the 'guy carrying an air tank around' is a cattle killer, not the shotgun.

A silenced shotgun has nothing to do with spudding or the N2(?) tank, so he must of been refering to the cattle killer. I've seen the movie, he's only seen the trailer so he could've got mixed up.

Sorry if I may of got confused, or confused anyone else :)

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:49 am

That looks like a disturbingly narrow bore for a silencer that's supposed to be fitted to what is presumably a 12 gauge. I suppose it might be, but it doesn't look the required 18.5mm.

And I have to say that somehow a silenced air cannon is much cooler than a silenced shotgun.

Also, I agree with JSR, but I always wear a mask and eat lots of Vitamin C before I go there to avoid getting a sniffle, and it helps if you don't buy software from them, because it's always been handled by everyone no matter what disease they have. But they do have a good selection there I find.

Unfortunately they don't let anybody from my university in there. (read: It's blocked on the Uni network, so I either need to get a tunneller set up, or just use it at home.) I do normally buy things, but if I'm looking for something obscure, or something that isn't even available commercially, then that's what I'll go for.

I did find this other store (an FTP) where they had every episode of Top Gear (~40 GB), and a load of other interesting programs... including Clarkson's program on guns but unfortunately it seems to have be a cut version, because it's missing the bit with the spudgun.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: LikimysCrotchus5 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:28 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Here's me heading out to my favourite DVD store, Blockbuster :D

I actually use Blockbuster alot. I also got some games from them. They make things very reasonably priced :D

I use Blockbuster's catalog. I find it more reliable because its already on my desktop so i dont have to go on the internet to search.

4SPC, My 4" piston 3" porting cannon
Memo:
Fix up copper cannon
Fix up 4SPC
Start Stirrup pump
Start Toolies piston bazooka
LikimysCrotchus5
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Ragnarok wrote:That looks like a disturbingly narrow bore for a silencer that's supposed to be fitted to what is presumably a 12 gauge. I suppose it might be, but it doesn't look the required 18.5mm.

Could be that the bore's been choked to death :)

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Hotwired wrote:Could be that the bore's been choked to death :)

But then you would risk damaging your own silencer.
And I'd still vote the suppressed air cannon cooler.

Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Just watched the movie, excellent :D And at least the "silenced" shotgun is still loud, and no one gets shot and flies across the room. It's pretty too, now wouldn't a sawn-off with a massive can on the end make a nice aesthetic basis for a spudgun - and I could certainly use a break from cycling mechanisms :roll: :D

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:11 pm

LikimysCrotchus5 wrote:
jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Here's me heading out to my favourite DVD store, Blockbuster :D

I actually use Blockbuster alot. I also got some games from them. They make things very reasonably priced :D

I use Blockbuster's catalog. I find it more reliable because its already on my desktop so i dont have to go on the internet to search.

I find that <A HREF="http://www.warez-bb.org/">Civic Video</a> is better because it's in a forum layout, over 1,000,000 topics, guarnteed clean and fast and easy to find anything, including that Clarkson program Rag.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:03 pm

MrCrowley wrote:I find that <A HREF="http://www.warez-bb.org/">Civic Video</a> is better because it's in a forum layout, over 1,000,000 topics, guarnteed clean and fast and easy to find anything, including that Clarkson program Rag.

It's absolutely no good to me at all, because I can't search or even view any boards without an account, and "the board administrator does not allow new registrations to this board."

EDIT: Talking about Clarkson, I've just heard this incredibly weird commentary of his on one of the videos I've downloaded:

Well, as I see it, the shed got a false start, as opposed to the sofa which didn't really get a start at all.
Still, as they headed into the first corner, it was the skip in the lead despite it's great weight, the nimble boat was second, and the shed had sprung a leak.
The sofa however was keen to make up for lost time, and in a classic slipstreaming manoeuvre took the shed as they headed for the complex.

Meanwhile, at the front, it was seven wheel action, as the boat and the skip jostled for position, the boat nearly over doing it on the left hander.

Now, all racing drivers try to get a tow, but it's not easy when the car in front is a sofa, so the shed resorts to it's off road origins.
If he makes up a place here, he'll have another ten second penalty. Has he? Yup, he has. Sofa man has the red mist now.
This is Villeneuve and Arneau all over again.

It's pretty static stuff at the front, though the boat and skip are evenly matched on the straights, the boat is one wheel short of a full load on the corners, so he can't get past - unlike the sofa, which once again takes the titchmarsh GTi.

As they come to the finish line the skip is an easy and deserving winner, the boat is a brave second, and the leopard skin sofa a valiant third - he'll be reflecting on what would have been if he'd got a good start.
Meanwhile I was reflecting on what had happened to the Titchmarsh GTi.
It finally came home two minutes after every one else had gone, and with the twenty second penalty, that means technically he was lapped on lap 1, and therefore didn't finish at all.

And a picture of the starting line of this very weird race:

Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:18 pm

Ragnarok wrote:It's absolutely no good to me at all, because I can't search or even view any boards without an account, and "the board administrator does not allow new registrations to this board."

Weird, new to me. Well good thing I registered awhile back. :)

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

Ragnarok, maybe you can help, there was once a news segment in Top Gear, something about MG (or was it Jaguar?) being now German owned, but the UK workers were still developing a car in secret, and Clarkson but on his hilarious accent, but I can't seem to find the episode :(

edit: nevermind, found it!

[On MG's new X-Power SV supercar.
Jeremy: What staggers me about that car, is they can't possibly have designed it in the time since BMW left. They must have had an underground production line that BMW, when they were running it, never knew about.
[making reference to The Great Escape]
Jeremy: [in a German accent] What are they doing in the parade ground?
[Jeremy paces around with his hands in his pockets, as if unloading dirt from the underground tunnel]
Jeremy: [in a British accent] I'm not doing anything, mate... I'm just, uh...

series 1 episode 2 :D

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Mitchza89 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:43 pm

Question lads, what's the best type of copper pipe to get? to make the pump shaft? L, M or?..... I know that different types have different wall thickness which affect how easy you can find the right O-ring. :?

Mitchza89
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Hawkeye » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:30 am

I chose the thinner wall for that reason. Convenience. Tap washers fit it as a piston and an o-ring was easy to find. It is plenty strong as well.

Hawkeye
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to General Spud Cannon Related