Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Lots and lots of Questions and some of whats to come

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Lots and lots of Questions and some of whats to come

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Insted of steting a new topic for all of these questions i decided to have one big topic for them all. Some of these questions my be kind of irrelevant.

First is i have just taken apart this 6v lanter battery and wondering what to do with it.
Image was just wondering what i can do with them. or how to use them.

Next is a computer im taking a par for parts. But i cant get it open. I have taken off every visible screw but these lttle hook keep me from prying it open, and i cant seem to find a reasonable way to un hook them.

Okay next is it still possible too add a bolt action breeck to this tee even though it is glued i know some of you may be come what annoyed with this question because you heled me with it before. Image
All i need to know is how to do it.

This question is a safety one.
Since the begining of this pneumatic i have been confused with the gauge. My gauge on my cannon tells me the pressure is lower than the gauge on my pump. I am wondering which one is right. Image
One of them is off usually around 20-30 psi. Nothing is visibly wrong with either of them too.

The next question is...

At my local lowes i have recent ly found some 4 pipe that seems to be pressure rated. Even thought it is under the DWV sectiom and says NSF-dwv and not NSF-pw. It still says 220 psi at (_____) forgot what usually goes there. IT also doesnt look like DWv from the side . No yellowish "foam" center laminated with thin sheet of pvc. Is it safe for pressure.

Enough questions now its time to so some of the power from my new cannon i wont reveal it now but will show some damage.

Image Pycrete slug broke the bottom section of the board in half.

C02 cartride actually wnet all the wany through and kept on traveling slid it back in for size comparison.Image

Golfball impact Image

Thank you if you answer one or more of these many questions. Sorry if some of there are very simple and stupid Questions.

Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: rp181 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:38 pm

when the cannon is loaded, tap the pressure gauge, sometimes the needle gets stuck.

rp181
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:12 pm

always trust the one on your cannon. the bike pump ones are always a wee bit higher.

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: STHORNE » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:15 pm

for taking apart the computer, i had that same problem with a pc i used to have...

there really isn't a way to open those without actually "bending" the lid itself so it falls off the hinge track.. so the solution is to do exactly that...make sense?

Forum Rules - follow them or else!
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”
STHORNE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Have you tried a Sawzall on the case yet? An oxy/acetylene cutting torch? I'm sure that wouldn't have much trouble removing the lid. Other than that... shaped charges can do wonders in terms of relocating stubborn things. :D

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: rp181 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:29 pm

aviator snips, or the way i do it, keep bending it until it breaks =)

rp181
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: TurboSuper » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:56 pm

DYI wrote:Have you tried a Sawzall on the case yet? An oxy/acetylene cutting torch? I'm sure that wouldn't have much trouble removing the lid. Other than that... shaped charges can do wonders in terms of relocating stubborn things. :D

Hrmm..."open computer with C4"...gonna add that to my "do this before I die" list :D

"If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you" - Darwin Awards

TurboSuper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:56 am

" lttle hook keep me from prying it open" There should be a lift lever in the back that lifts the hooks allowing the side to come off. My Gateway is set up like that, 1 little screw then lift the hooks and it's wide open for what ever.

It takes me longer to turn my PC around and unplug everything then it takes me to get the cover off.

What kind of PC is it?

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:50 pm

It actually was made by some guys at a computer store i know they did a good job on it but it has finnally crashed and is unuseable.

There should be a lift lever in the back that lifts the hooks allowing the side to come off. My Gateway is set up like that, 1 little screw then lift the hooks and it's wide open for what ever.

is the screw the lever?

anyone have some ideas for the bolt, and gauge.

Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to General Spud Cannon Related