Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

12 grams co2 bottle adapter

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: grumpy » Fri May 02, 2008 6:36 am

@hubb,
they do have threaded 12 grams, but they are to use in those bicycle tire inflators and also some air powered pellet guns use them. but i have never seen them used in paintball.

grumpy
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Fri May 02, 2008 6:52 am

I know they were made for other things, but I've never seen them for paintball either. It just seemed to me that he didn't want to listen to experience. I figured I would try and help.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Fri May 02, 2008 7:02 am

hubb017 wrote:I'm with Grumpy. Maybe you could provide a link to these threaded 12g cartridges you speak of?

Well, they certainly exist:
They may not be regularly used in paintball, but I don't see why that means they can't be.
Copper pipe is only rarely used to create launchers - it represents less than 1% of 1% of the global use of copper pipe - but by heck, there are copper launchers.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: goathunter » Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 am

Alright to answer Demon's question

there are a few thing you are going to need.

1- 12 gram quick changer. Do not go with the threaded 12 grams. They are much harder to find and more expensive. Just buy a quick changer for regular 12 grams.

1- Paintball ASA. You can pick this up the same place you got the quick changer. The outlet side of an ASA is 1/8" NPT

1- steel braided pressure hose. This can be done a couple of ways. First, you can buy a regular paintball hose. This will work for low volume launchers.
Or
You can use a threaded bushing and build up to whatever size hose you want to run.

Optional- depending on the hose you used. You will need the necessary fitting to get it to the pressure washer valve.

That should just about get you there.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan

"KA BLAAM! Elimination! Lack of education."-Big Mama, Fox and the Hound, Disney

goathunter
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Fri May 02, 2008 10:14 am

goathunter wrote:Do not go with the threaded 12 grams. They are much harder to find and more expensive. Just buy a quick changer for regular 12 grams.

Hmm, I've seen the inverse. On any website where I've seen threaded 12g bulbs, they usually cheaper than the unthreaded ones, by anywhere from £0.01 to £0.05 per piece depending on quantity. It's counter intuitive, but that's what I've seen.

Also, it's common that on sites that sell them wholesale (the logical way to buy them in bulk), that both varieties are sold.
Buy one on it's own in the UK, and it's about 50p. Buy 500 or 1000 at a time, and they drop to around half that.
If you're planning on using a lot (although to get through a thousand 12 g bulbs might take a while), then there's no other sensible way to do it.

Of course, all my findings relate to the UK, so I can't confirm it's the same in the US, but I'm a little surprised to say the least.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: grumpy » Fri May 02, 2008 10:24 am

i do not know the price differences, i do know that the threaded ones will not fit in the 12 gram quick change adapter used in paintball. you need a threaded adapter that the 12 gram will screw into, what demon does not understand, is that with any of the adapters the co2 cartridge is opened when you screw it in.

grumpy
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: goathunter » Fri May 02, 2008 11:28 am

Of course, all my findings relate to the UK, so I can't confirm it's the same in the US, but I'm a little surprised to say the least.

They are much more expensive in the US. The threaded kind run about $2-3 a piece whereas the regular ones are$.50. I think the price comes from the availability. Pretty much the only places I've seen threaded 12 grams sold is at marine parts stores or outdoor shops. Both of those enjoy jacking up prices :D

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan

"KA BLAAM! Elimination! Lack of education."-Big Mama, Fox and the Hound, Disney

goathunter
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related