Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 73 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], D_Hall, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Virtual GGDT/HGDT Suppliment...

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Virtual GGDT/HGDT Suppliment...

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Hello guys, I have this idea I've been thinking of a computer program:
We could combine enough vids of different ammos, velocities and diameter barrels. Maybe as a supplement to D_HALL's GGDT and HGDT.

How it would work is you could enter or come up with information for given design configuration. Then there would also be an option of watching various damage/ firing videos of exactly the same performance with different ammo too!

The main problem I can think of would be not many people have chronographs. And there would be various quality vids mixed together.
If we had enough vids of different barrel lengths, pressure and valve types perhaps a chronograph wouldn't be necessary or there wouldn't be a vid for every configuration only some. (credit could be given to who-ever made each entry as well).

I guess we'd have to run it by a Mod before posting vids here.
But do you think it's "do-able"? (I know it's possible but...). What do you think? :roll: 8)

-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: potatoflinger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:38 pm

I think it would be a very hard thing to do, there are so many different variables with spud guns that it would be impossible to have a video for every different configuration. Also, wouldn't the file have to be huge to hold so many different videos?

It's hard to soar with eagles when you're working with turkeys.
potatoflinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:45 pm

potatoflinger wrote:I think it would be a very hard thing to do, there are so many different variables with spud guns that it would be impossible to have a video for every different configuration. Also, wouldn't the file have to be huge to hold so many different videos?

Well, if it went as a suppliment to ggdt/hgdt, the barrel length/ chamber diameter,valve type would not be important.
Only the velocity and diameter and ammo(weight). The performance video would be an estimate based on the velocity and diameter and different ammo.

If the videos were kept a few seconds each I don't think the file would be terribly huge. :roll: 8)

EDIT: I got it now! All that would be needed for this is different barrel diameter's really.(And ammo and targets)
The velocity could be varied by pressure amount and different ammo could be fired through each barrel diameter through a chronograph at various targets. From a test mount maybe. Then the videos could be thumbnailed in when you get a particular estimate!!!
Gotta run to a class now. I'll check back to see more replies.Thanks 8)

-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Return to General Spud Cannon Related