Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 77 users online :: 3 registered, 1 hidden and 73 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Awesome Video Editing

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: ghostman01 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:06 am

lol i just noticed, when he shows him getting hit in the head look at the projectile before it hits him, its already broken up or in pieces - how ever you want to say it !! lol

Ultimateforum
I have 27 different kinds of weapons in my home, do not attempt to trespass........!
ghostman01
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:32 am

and it is said before.

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: brogdenlaxmiddie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:48 am

ajdevi92 wrote:Finally another mac user !! lol well hes now the only one i know of so far thats a mac person on this site..... any others ?

Nice vid man

I'm a mac :D

brogdenlaxmiddie
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 am

I do have to say the most noticable thing about the video is the fact that my brother did move to early in his close up. However that doesn't disprove the vid. He could be flinching from the sound of the shot. I can ensure you that the cannon is not supersonic. :lol: I didin't notice the thumbs up thing. And you guys have found the first thing about the vid that made it not real. The close up potato or the "potato salad" as it is described was hand thrown. It still has the skin on it but it was beat up so it would smash on impact.

Now, the fact that there was three scenes to the shot doesn't disprove its credibiltiy. Many directors, including me, will use mutiple takes for an action scene because so much happens in a short amount of time. This means if this were real, my poor brother would have to have been shot 3 times. :lol:

Now who knows how i did the first clip? That I can ensure you was fake also. It was not blank fired. If you actually go to youtube and watch the video in high quality, you will clearly see a projectile leave the gun. But as I said before, nothing that came out of the cannon hit my brother. So the question arises again how did I do it?

rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: iisthemuffin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:04 pm

I see something to go along with the thumbs up thing. In the very beginning, the guy loads the gun, gives a thumbs up and walks off to the LEFT of you and is standing BEHIND you. In the slow mo take of that same scene he loads the gun, walks off to the RIGHT of you and stands directly BESIDE you.

Ive got it! In the first shot you shot the tree. :D

Some one had briefly touched on this before but i would like to elaborate. If you notice, in the scene that shows him getting hit, he winces before he is hit. He knew they were about to throw it and was preparing himself. If he were really shot he would not have had that time to wince just before it hit him because it would be traveling to fast for him to do so.

iisthemuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:22 pm

There was no tree that fell victim to the cannon sorry. Very well thought out guess though.

EDIT: The potato may have been broken up when you see it hit his head but the poato is also broken up when it leaves the gun.

rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: iisthemuffin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Its very hard to follow in the video. Im becoming frustrated now. I may have to open it on my computer and watch it per frame instead of on youtube. Ill be back. Oh, ill be back alright.

iisthemuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:43 pm

lol. don't hurt yourself over it. If I've watched it frame by frame myself and revealed nothing. I was looking for a flaw myslef becuse it was just too damn perfect. Just goto the youtube site and watch the video in high quality using the link under the bottom right corner of the video under the view number. It shows the projectile better and you can clearly see its path.

rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: iisthemuffin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Man this has got me baffled. It looks like its hitting him in the waste area in the scence. You said the projectile was broken up. So its not hard right? Is he catching it?

iisthemuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 pm

rcman50166 wrote:If you actually go to youtube and watch the video in high quality, you will clearly see a projectile leave the gun. But as I said before, nothing that came out of the cannon hit my brother.

So it must have been two videos cut together into one then - one of you shooting it without him there, one of him falling over.

There's no other way you could fire the cannon without risking hitting him.

Talking about imperfections, it would appear he gets hit in the lower torso in the first video shot, but the 3rd close up shot shows him getting hit in the head.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: iisthemuffin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Yea i noticed that last point as well Ragnarok. And i had actually not even thought of that. You could be right about editing the clips into one. But the question with that is, what stopped the potato when it got top where his borther was standing? had to of been something because it obviously doesnt go past that point.

He would have had to somehow put his brothers clip overtop of the clip of just firing. Hmm if that is what had happened, good job. It does indeed look very fluent.

iisthemuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 pm

iisthemuffin wrote:had to of been something because it obviously doesnt go past that point.

Not necessarily. It wouldn't be too hard to digitally edit it out.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:53 pm

A simpler way would be to actually shoot him with a foam ball and put in a louder firing noise afterwards with the music.

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: iisthemuffin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:34 pm

I suposse Ragnarok. But that would mean he has to cut it out of every frame. And i slowed the video down alot. If he had done what your saying then i would have seen a small line of imperfection in the back ground from whaere the potato should have been.

iisthemuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Hmm if I was to make this video I would just edit something that looked like a potato in frame by frame. Wouldn't be too difficult at all and you could make it do what you want.

The angle of the camera supports this, it would allow you to slowly make the 'potato' smaller as it goes across the screen and supposidly into your brother without looking like it's just going horizontal across the screen if you had chosen a different angle.

If you stop it at the last frame before impact, it kind of doesn't look like it's going to hit him.

MrCrowley

PreviousNext

Return to General Spud Cannon Related