Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Awesome Video Editing

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: SpudMonster » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:42 am

Very clever. But Fall Out Boy? Seriously? :pukeright:

Stupid quote of the now:
joestue "The chamber is rated to 100 psi, it don't say that on the side, but the 2 inch stuff is rated to 300, so by analogy..."
"only the last two feet hear the end is black cellular core"
"I'm taking it to 300 psi"
SpudMonster
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: iisthemuffin » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:14 am

MrCrowley wrote:If you stop it at the last frame before impact, it kind of doesn't look like it's going to hit him.

I noticed that as well, which is why i said it hit the tree.

but the poato is also broken up when it leaves the gun.

So if we assume that wasnt a typo on his part, we know that a potato was actually fired out of the cannon even if it were chopped up or mashed or whatever.

Im stumped. Just spill it already.

iisthemuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:55 am

One, there was no digital editing, two, the music is straight from another video, of which i had no choice in the music, three the projectile from the cannon does not make contact with him at all. This means he does not catch it.

OK your guys performed well but you could not get the first scene. This is how it actually happened. The angle of the scene is that way EXACTLY on purpose. The projectile is a potato, however not a whole one. It is only the skin of the potato that came from scene two. When a projectile that small gets launched out, its velocity seems to be enourmous assuming the projectile is larger than it really is. So while firing the peel it looks like a whole potato. The peel exited the gun and flew about 15 ft before falling to the ground. Thats right, it hits the ground, but "how?" you might ask. Well the peel falls like a leaf, much like a paper ball will if you throw it, and fell in the shadow of my brother so you wouldn't see it. This is why that specific camera angle ws used. He was cued to fall over right when he heard the gun which compensated for response time. All planned, all fake.

I hoped you may have learned something from examining this film. Camera magic is relatively easy if planned. Following this thread I hope to see only awesome youtube vids. If I don't, all of this will have gone to waste.

rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: starman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:01 am

rcman50166 wrote:I hoped you may have learned something from examining this film. Camera magic is relatively easy if planned. Following this thread I hope to see only awesome youtube vids. If I don't, all of this will have gone to waste.

Looks like you guys had fun with this one. I'll ask again, are you planning to pursue a film career?

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:06 am

No unfortunately not. No one ever has the patience for me to make something like this. Everyone is always like "Can we just move on already?" I am going into mechanical engineering. I start this fall. Creative thinking is all one needs to make a vid of this quality. However you guys did point out a lot of flaws i didn't notice. But that's all part of the learning process.

rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: starman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:19 am

rcman50166 wrote:No unfortunately not. No one ever has the patience for me to make something like this. Everyone is always like "Can we just move on already?" I am going into mechanical engineering. I start this fall. Creative thinking is all one needs to make a vid of this quality. However you guys did point out a lot of flaws i didn't notice. But that's all part of the learning process.

ME is great, good luck with that major. They'll try to run you off the first couple years. Stick with it and it will pay off.

There's much more to film making than you may think. You did an admirable job with this....but you're just scratching the surface.

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:22 am

Lol thanks. That is greatly appreciated. I've always had a side for film producing. But it is only a hobby and I wouldn't dream of knowing all there is to know anytime soon...or ever.

rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: kablooie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:53 am

This is kind of late, but in a bout of mac pride, I would like to announce that I too am a mac.

Now that that's done with, I like the video a lot, you've done a very good job. Keep up the hobby.

kablooie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related