Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jackreacher, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Odd Cannon info

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Odd Cannon info

Unread postAuthor: SEAKING9006 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 pm

I thought it might be cool if we had a thread where we add intredsting bits of info about our cannons, like those little info bars that pop up in some music videos on the internet.

The recoil from the first test shot of the CA3 (using a 75mm 'Skipper', see the thread on the CA3) nearly destroyed the cannon when it fell off it's mount.

Last edited by SEAKING9006 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)

SEAKING9006
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Sandman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:02 pm

huuuuuuh :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Mr.Sandman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: SEAKING9006 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Huh what?

Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

SEAKING9006
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Sandman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:11 pm

what do you mean by all that?

Mr.Sandman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:11 pm

He's just asking us about weird random stuff that has happened with out launchers I think...

About the weirdest I can think of is when part of my reinforced ABS barrel literally flash boiled and was ejected out the barrel, where it condensed upon cooling as a large cloud of thick black smoke. It could handle the pressure due to its thickness (walls roughly 1" thick total on a 1.5" bore barrel), but the high temperature cooked it, and welded it completely shut (if anyone wants to donate a 1-5/8" boring bit, I'll get right on repairing it :roll: ).

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Sandman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:16 pm

ohh now i get it. anyways i think the weirdest thing for me is when iput a dart in my sniper and when i pressurized it with my bike pump i heard sssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and i thought it was empty so i aimed it at my fence and the dart shot out and went through the fence, broke my neighboors windo and embeded itself in their tv. but they were not mad and they actually wanted me to shoot it up in the air to see how high it would go

Mr.Sandman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: SEAKING9006 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 pm

DYI wrote:He's just asking us about weird random stuff that has happened with out launchers I think...

About the weirdest I can think of is when part of my reinforced ABS barrel literally flash boiled and was ejected out the barrel, where it condensed upon cooling as a large cloud of thick black smoke. It could handle the pressure due to its thickness (walls roughly 1" thick total on a 1.5" bore barrel), but the high temperature cooked it, and welded it completely shut (if anyone wants to donate a 1-5/8" boring bit, I'll get right on repairing it :roll: ).

What kind of cannon was that?

Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

SEAKING9006
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: SEAKING9006 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:20 pm

Mr.Sandman wrote:ohh now i get it. anyways i think the weirdest thing for me is when iput a dart in my sniper and when i pressurized it with my bike pump i heard sssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and i thought it was empty so i aimed it at my fence and the dart shot out and went through the fence, broke my neighboors windo and embeded itself in their tv. but they were not mad and they actually wanted me to shoot it up in the air to see how high it would go
You got the idea, but also kind of odd little tidbits during constructing too. Like for the CA3 for example, the first time I fitted the union to the barrel, I forgot the union cap. Had to go get another tee.

Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

SEAKING9006
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 pm

Mr.Sandman wrote:huuuuuuh :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

SEAKING9006 wrote:Huh what?

Well, this titled got me to thinking of a vid where Someone could be wearing nothing but: Combat Boots, Women's underwear (W/Bra), And a Gas Mask.
Then they'd be walking around their neighborhood taking damage shots at various stuff. :shock: :P

It would probably get plenty of views on youtube I was thinking after I came across a random vid of Zoo monkeys having lesbian sex...
(Now I wish there was some literal form of "brainwashing") :roll:

I won't be in the video of course since I've gotten in trouble for far less demented stuff in the past. :evil: :P :lol: :D :oops: 8)

-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:24 pm

I sighted in my scope with my laser sight on the cannon only to have a leak show on my barrel connection:/

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Sandman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:30 pm

by the way frankrede how is that ergonomic-silenced smoothbore mkII coming along?

Mr.Sandman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:35 pm

What kind of cannon was that?

It was just a medium sized 20x oxy/propane hybrid that had worked fine before, but it apparently didn't like the tweaking I did to perfect the mix. Most of the time, it was only getting hot enough to melt a little bit of the barrel, but apparently the perfected mix made all the difference. My first reaction was "WTF?" when I saw the black smoke (thinking I'd accidentally left oil or something in the chamber), followed by significantly more "WTF!?!" when I saw that the chrony had picked up the golfball at only 1100fps, followed by :violent1: when I opened it up and realised that the demonstration I'd worked 8 hours to prepare was completely screwed after the first shot.

Like for the CA3 for example, the first time I fitted the union to the barrel, I forgot the union cap.

I forget the union nut all the time. Lucky I use steel fittings, or I'd be broke right now :roll:

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Mr.Sandman wrote:by the way frankrede how is that ergonomic-silenced smoothbore mkII coming along?
Its coming along great I just keep getting leaks at the barrel chamber connection and I just epoxied it for hopefully the last time

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Sandman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:43 pm

thanks because sometimes i see peoples upcoming projects and i really get anxious to see them :)

sorry this is getting really off topic :D

Mr.Sandman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: SEAKING9006 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:52 pm

Actually, that was on topic. :lol:

Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

SEAKING9006
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to General Spud Cannon Related