Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Need help with pump action design

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Need help with pump action design

Unread postAuthor: dudeman508 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:01 pm

I recently came up with a design for a pneumantic pump action shotgun. I have everything thought out exept one part, the ejection. I need a relatively easy way to eject the empty cartridges and not let every cartriges out at once. I have might have access to a machine shop but im not shure. Thanks if you can help

dudeman508
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: SEAKING9006 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:36 pm

Ejection is simple in theory, difficult in practice. All you need is a groove in the side of the shells, very close to the rear. On the bolt, put a long rod with a tooth on the end that will engage with the groove in the shell, so that when it is pulled back, it pulls the shell out of an ejection port on the side.

Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)

SEAKING9006
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:54 pm

i just thought of this now, but you could use a magnet to eject a spent shell. it would be a simple solution, but your shell would have to be a fairly loose fit.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: dudeman508 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:28 pm

ok ill try it. I also wanted what you guys thought about my ammo idea I am going to get a 3/4in coupling make burstdisks to add on to each side by raping tin foil around a thing layer of 3/4in. pipe and but bbs or small pellets I made inside of the 2 burst disks. Is their anything I could do to make that better?

dudeman508
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: trollhameran » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:26 am

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/pump-action-piston-gun-prototype-now-with-working-magazine-t15576.html
Take a look at this thread I made a few weeks ago, I built a working prototype pump action, that had a side mounted magazine, and a bottom ejection system. If you dont understand how any of it works, feel free to ask, either in this thread, or by pm.

trollhameran
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Spud Cannon Related