Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 35 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Re-usable Piston-Valved Air Grenade

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re-usable Piston-Valved Air Grenade

Unread postAuthor: Tsukiten » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Sup guys,
I came up with this idea quite a while ago, but I decided to draw it and show it to you guys.

It's some kind of air grenade that discharges by a slow-piloting piston valve, and it's also re-usable.
It was meant to be some kind of instant-smoke/stun grenade, by using some sort of powder.
However, other stuff such as water or confetti could be fun too.
If it's loud enough it could really be some kind of stun grenade.
Also, do never, EVER, fill it with solid objects. I don't have to explain this one, it's pretty obvious why.

I'd like to recieve any kind of reply/approvement/tips/critisism. :)

======
By the way, in the rules it is stated that discussion of explosive devices is prohibited, but I think this should be fine and I guess this is kind of the only way to find out...
(Going to sleep in a while, wonder if I'll see myself banned tomorrow morning)
======

Tsukiten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Unless it has some sort of seal, it's going to leak around the pin anyway. Even if you do get it to seal, I don't think it's going to work as intended. You see once the pilot volume reaches its pilot psi, it's going to open pretty fast. And it's only going to take it less than a second to do so.

Take a look at the Air Delay Mine by PVC Arsenal. It may give you some more insight as to how to make your design work.

And BTW, this is not an explosive devise. It is a piston valve launcher.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Tsukiten » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:43 pm

hubb017 wrote:Unless it has some sort of seal, it's going to leak around the pin anyway. Even if you do get it to seal, I don't think it's going to work as intended. You see once the pilot volume reaches its pilot psi, it's going to open pretty fast. And it's only going to take it less than a second to do so.

Take a look at the Air Delay Mine by PVC Arsenal. It may give you some more insight as to how to make your design work.

And BTW, this is not an explosive devise. It is a piston valve launcher.

Burst-discs :shock: That's a good idea; way more easier and cheaper. I'm going to re-draw this tomorrow.
Thanks for your reply and providing the link!

Tsukiten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:54 pm

A tad more complex, but how about pulling a pin that cracks a small ball valve open, leaking air into a chamber that then fires a load of bbs through a pop-off valve?

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: dudeman508 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

You should make the piston fully seal the air so it cant move to the other side of the piston. Then you can put a sreder valve on each side and pump up the larger side with more air for a delay

dudeman508
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Dgealy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:55 pm

Instead of a pin, do a pointed machine screw. It will perfectly seal one end, and just by turning it out a little on the other end means air can escape more slowly. I used the screw method on PVC Arsenal's grenade to seal it, and it worked great, with no o-ring needed.

Dgealy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to General Spud Cannon Related