Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Possible European Championship

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 am

pumpkin chucking explains more then i can do.

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: sniper hero » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:19 am

coooooooooool :D
I'm not 18 :(
ammo used?
if a police officer arrests me because I'm shooting in my garden and I keep my ammo inside the garden would he be able to take the gun with him although I tell it is legal ?

proud member of dutch spud clan
coming: semi auto pellet sniper:D
sniper hero
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:16 am

there are simple measures I take to reduce the risk of getting arrested & stuff:

first of all I make sure that my gun does not anoy anyone more than it has to - this includes lowering the noise and not shooting late and of corse not shooting anything at anyones property...

secondly I try to avoid situations when anyone can acctually see me shooting my gun

and the last but not least I bough a box of fire crackers - in case the police arrives I can tell then that the loud 'bang' was casued by a firecracker... i know it sound stupid but they are usually so lazy that I think they'd belive in it

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:34 pm

there are simple measures I take to reduce the risk of getting arrested & stuff:

first of all I make sure that my gun does not anoy anyone more than it has to - this includes lowering the noise and not shooting late and of corse not shooting anything at anyones property...

secondly I try to avoid situations when anyone can acctually see me shooting my gun

and the last but not least I bough a box of fire crackers - in case the police arrives I can tell then that the loud 'bang' was casued by a firecracker... i know it sound stupid but they are usually so lazy that I think they'd belive in it

You have it lucky. Try avoiding getting noticed when you're using a gun that looks and sounds similar to anti-aircraft artillery. I haven't been able to set off anything much louder than a reasonably sized 2" bore burst-disk gun at 300 or 400 psi in my yard since the start of the summer, after the incident with the hybrid in May. We just barely managed to disassemble it, drag it all inside, and bring out a small pneumatic before the piggies showed up.

If you can make this competition similar to the punkin chunkin events, I think you have a decent chance at some publicity that isn't all bad, just use guns that look complicated and expensive. Even add unneccessary plumbing if you have it lying around, as it looks a lot better for you guys if people realise that powerful gas guns aren't the kind of thing every idiot on the street can build. Maybe even compare your guns to the spray'n'prays that the papers are attacking, to show that what they're campaigning against is no real threat to anyone.

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:56 am

If you are under 18 years of age, in Holland, you are not allowed to own an airgun.So officially I´m against you doing so...( hope you enjoy the valves I sold you...)
If it's you dad's, they won' t know what to do.If you keep it in the garden and don;t bother people, that is...

:D

I was pretty convinced that people would come to see the hobby as fun, possibly even silly.
That is a whole lot better than if they think it´s dangerous.

Today I read the same paper and they had two articles about poeple being shot and killed in Holland, and they headlined the Finland school shooting...

Now is not the time to show them the fun side of spudding..

Anyway, he hasn´t contacted me since I wrote him I would like to do an interview, providing that gave me the chance to show a positive side to the story.

Guess that was not his angle..

Brian the brain

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related