Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Spud gun talk

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Spud gun talk

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:04 am

I must say that spudguning is becoming an icredibly bussy topic. one after another severes are opened, one better than the other. There is one new pretty great site with an ever growing community is XXXX i recomend every one to try the site

The first to members to have 200posts are mods

Good luck and i hope this helps in further spudgunning.

Help this great comunity grow inoreder to achive the spud gun you have always desired to build!

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:55 am

It doesn't work like that.

People get attracted by a supply of new things. Well I do anyway. If no new things are present then no people arrive, that then means there's no one to provide new items of interest to attract yet more people.

No bait = no fish.. er members

A forum is not an instant attraction unless there's something worth being there for that you can't get elsewhere.

Unsubtle rival forum advertising isn't a good idea on the forum you're after members from. Management gives you a funny look and a pm.

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:18 am

No thank you, we've already had spam of this.
You can't really call it "Ever growing" when there's only 13 posts total.

If I had to move on every time someone had a minor gripe over Spudfiles and created a new site instead, I would have given up spudding forums all together now.

That site has nothing over SF - in fact, it's essentially a direct clone of Spudfiles, just missing all the content, and most importantly, it's missing the board heavyweights that SF has spent years getting together - the reason those members are missing, is because obviously, they like it here, or they wouldn't still be here. Also quite frankly, Spudrr67 lost his chances of finding them when he ticked off everyone with PM spam.

Forums either need these ultra nerds or just a literal horde of active members, else they become unstuck - because in addition to having no information, they don't have anywhere for the missing information to come from. It doesn't appear by magic.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 am

I am afraid i must agree to that, i didnt acctually look at the site closely when advertising it, which was dumb of me, i therefore ask people to igore it. if any one knows how to delete posts please tell me. Maybe some one can get a mod to delet this, and once again im new and didnt know anything...I got a pm and...well ya i just posted it here

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: brogdenlaxmiddie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 am

I thought we weren't allowed to post things that directly competes with spudfiles on a post.... hmmm... :?

edit- damn, didn't see the post before mine. My apologies

brogdenlaxmiddie
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:54 pm

They even copied Spud Bux by having 'Cannon Cash' instead.

We've dealt with this scenario before with scottcrete. Just warning the members of that website, make sure you don't copy any information from Spudfiles without the original authors permission.

Any more attempts to advertise the site may result in those members being temp or perm-banned.

MrCrowley

Return to General Spud Cannon Related