Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Where do you buy supplys

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Where do you buy supplys

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Most of the time us spudders will work with what we have, but then every so often you notice:
"Damn for some wierd reason the hard ware store(my second home, if not to say my first) doesnt have .177 barrels, or is for some unexplainable reason they are not too well stocked in braided tubes, ones that hold over 500psi."
To cut the long story short, i would like to know where on the internet you order things, what websites some one should avoid and which are highly recomended. Maybe for my European mates (to which i belong) mention if they ship over sea(considering most shops will be located in the US). Thank you, and i cant wait to hear all the responses.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 pm

BC arms ships oversea.

To get a .177 barrel I joined an airgun forum ans asked for one in the chatroom.
Got one the next day for free ( used)

Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 pm

BCarms is good. Also check out mcmaster, but thats a bit expensive.

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:30 am

there are hundreds of shops in europe.. ordering stuff from US is kind of stupid when you have everything here and even more than they have

for god sake use google it doesn't hurt...

I can buy most stuff in poland so there is no need to order anything from other EU countries.. I doubt it is any different in switzerland

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:54 am

Yes but when i search google i will only get shops, i also asked for the experience you had with the different shops, something google can never give me. Switzerland is a tiny country, barely any people on a huge area(if you count the area on the mountains an area as big as the US). To own an airgun you hae to be over 18, the only exeption is if you already have an air gun(laws have changed). I will not be able to find any barrels here, stocks i can get at fleemarkets every so often but somethingn i just cant find. Heck, i even went to a large hardware shop(the largest in town) and they didnt have reducers for any pipe, nothign at all. I have to drive about 30km until i reach a shop that might have fittings...

In other words, Please just tell me where you would order things in my situation. I like BCarms but somethings they dont have. Also i spent hours on end earching ebay and google for a .177 barrel and mostly got US shops that didnt ship, or paintball barrels.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:04 am

I don't know about barrels for airguns and paintball guns but I am sure there have to be some online shops in switzerland...

I've never had any problems when buying stuff online (ok when I ordered a 1/2" QEV I had to wait a week for it - but that was only once) and seriously I don't expect you will have any if you order something... so I don't quite get this
the experience you had with the different shops

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 am

I have ordered things twice online:
first time i had a call tha tmy credit card was used in nigeria
second time i never got what i ordered.

Do you get my queery now? And i am pretty damn sure that i will not be able to get airgun barrels in switzerland, i am looking around in countries close by.

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:51 am

lol then you must be really really unlucky... for some of the guys here poland seems like a third world country but somehow I've never had such problems :wink:

lol it's hard to help you...
just try to find a shop selling pneumatic stuff... I seriously doubt there would be any problems.. if what you described is true then you have to be very unlucky

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:20 pm

I think i found something, it is a company which supplys switzerland with alumium products and they claime to be the largest company for alli here, i will see if i can order a tube(barrel) there. some one recomended a paintball website to me in the chat so i found braided tubes which are rated high pressure, and i found a pneumatics website in the Uk
(airlines-pneumatics.co.uk) which will supply me with valves if i need them. I think i shoudl be able to get ammo here and so i am all set, i will look around a bit to find a shop with reducers. Thanks for your help, and if any one has any more suggestions on where to get things, i am always happy to hear some recomendations.

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Berklean brake line. Comes in all different lenths and diameters. Can be gotten at any autoparts store, any kind of metal brake line will work. Summit Racing, PAW=Performance Auto Warehouse, Advance Auto, Napa, they all have .com's.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Wouldnt a brake line be far too flexible as a barrel? I would have to straiten it, and cast soemthing around wouldnt i?

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:24 pm

http://www.dixonvalve.com

They have tons of cool stuff like reducing camlocks etc. Maybe you'll find what your looking for.

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Brake line is pretty tough. Just don't step on it, sit on it, leen on it. Go to a parts store and check it out.

jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:05 pm

And does it come strait? And what is its ID?

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:35 pm

john bunsenburner wrote:And does it come strait? And what is its ID?

Yes and different sizes and lenths. I currently have a brake line that is 5/16ths in dia by 6 feet long.

jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Next

Return to General Spud Cannon Related