Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 54 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

New design feedback wanted

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Fri May 01, 2009 11:02 am

SubsonicSpud wrote:For refueling of the cartridges, you could have a larger storage tank to pressurize the air fuel mixture in. It would be at a higher pressure than you intend to run the cartridges at, and be used as a filling station. A lot easier to get the mixture correct on the larger scale then trying to get it correct on every cartridge.

SubsonicSpud

I like it! Thank you. That simplifies things quite a bit. My only concern is being able to get enough volume in the mother chamber to make it worth while. My air compressor only goes to like 150psi. Pre ignition pressures will be over 60, so it would be like having maybe 4 or 5 fuel loads pre mixed. Oh but wait, I can bring my MAPP gas with and bike pump with me and refuel the mother chamber! OK this is looking good. Adios cycle time!

When I post the cannon in the showcase I will review this and other threads and give credit and thanks to those who contributed ideas.

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri May 01, 2009 12:48 pm

I have to agree that it does look nice but I think it's a better idea to build a fully semi auto hybrid... with one chamber only

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Fri May 01, 2009 5:30 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:I have to agree that it does look nice but I think it's a better idea to build a fully semi auto hybrid... with one chamber only

Sounds like a good idea. It presents new challenges and benefits at the same time. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Sun May 10, 2009 5:58 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:I have to agree that it does look nice but I think it's a better idea to build a fully semi auto hybrid... with one chamber only

OK I got it. Its almost done. This design has evolved into a fully self contained 4X mechanical burst disc cannon operating on pure MAPP and o2 with a cycle time of less than 10 seconds. Would that be considered revolutionary? Just wondering. If its not tell me what would make it amazing. I'm not settling here, and it won't cost a fortune either.

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related