Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 45 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Auto Combustion?

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Auto Combustion?

Unread postAuthor: zvallance1 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:58 pm

Well i was playing around with my mini combustion earlier (aka 2 inches of 1/2" pvc that i fill with a lighter, and spark with a piezo) and i saw that once i got the timing down, i could keep the lighter "on" (continuosly filling the chamber) and get it to ignite nicely each time i clicked the piezo

Now, i know that that's some pretty obvious knowledge, but why not take it to the next level?

The hardest thing to get this to work would be a constant spark (maybe stunguns can keep a spark going for a minute or so...I dont know though)
Other than the spark, all youd have to do would attatch a barrel with a hopper on it, to the comb. chamber, turn on the propane pretty low, and start the spark up.

i know that the combustion wouldnt be the most powerful that you could get with propane (because you'd be igniting it at the lowest fuel-air ratio that it burns at) but can anyone see any reason why this wouldnt work?

Also, if this has already been discussed, sorry. I skimmed thru the site pretty fast, but didnt see anything like this

Hope you all like the idea!
-Zev

zvallance1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: beebs111 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:32 pm

rambo made one of these, he is a combustion/hybrid genius

in the upcoming presidential election, there will be several candidates who will be running, one of whom is Hillary Clinton. Now WAIT A SECOND!!! I though there was some sort of rule that prevented someone from serving more than two terms in office. Vote Against Hillary: Presidential Elections 08
beebs111
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:29 pm

Wouldn't the burnt gasses interfear with the combustion of the later/next shots?

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: zvallance1 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:46 pm

jrrdw wrote:Wouldn't the burnt gasses interfear with the combustion of the later/next shots?

hmm
prolly right, i guess a nice big chamber fan going nonstop would work for that

beebs111 wrote:rambo made one of these, he is a combustion/hybrid genius

damnit, did he really? I though I had a brand new idea!

zvallance1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to General Spud Cannon Related