Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 33 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Short question topic

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: Short question topic

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:04 pm

You solved the problem perfectly. He is trying to fuel the cannon but there is back pressure coming from the chamber, preventing proper flow of fuel and air into the chamber in the correct ratio. Well done. Wow, what an easy fix that would have been. I thought they had to build a whole new cannon, but simply adding a ball valve to the chamber and opening it could at least have allowed fuel and air to enter while displacing the burnt gasses. Does that sound right? That actually sounds like a really nice cannon design. Very easy to fuel for each new shot. That Hectmarr is a pretty smart guy I think :)

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Oh yeah! These guys have not analyzed enough the weapon ... :? Without introducing the ammunition, so that the burned gases escape and so that there is no pressure higher than the atmospheric inside the weapon, while you load the mixture, it can work, even without any valve . Press the valve of the bottle and let the mixture run for a few seconds through the inlet, where the hose is connected, and let out the barrel a little. Then, you enter the ammunition, press the lighter and boom! :bom: , assuming stoichiometry is correct, which I think is this way.
The solution is good, it seems simple and effective, but the operation of the weapon, in the video is incorrect. Likewise, nice weapon and system. :)
I would try it in a smaller gun size, but with a mixture of oxygen and propane, (without logically compression), and I think it should work, and with enough power. Safety is guaranteed because oxygen and propane are separated into two small bottles. This adds a little "spicy" to the weapon, for which we have a little experience. :twisted:

Attachments
61rxbeuglPL._SX425_.jpg
61rxbeuglPL._SX425_.jpg (15.19 KiB) Viewed 176 times
606.jpg
Ideas don't make holes, guns do!
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:14 am

Oh my god, of course you don't need a valve, lol. I thought they needed one, but I don't know why I thought their chamber was sealed and air tight. With no projectile, it's open. I'm looking forward to your oxygen propane fun. Keep us posted!

Moonbogg
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:37 pm

A weapon more added to my wish list, but for the moment I am out of all this. Regards! :)

Ideas don't make holes, guns do!
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:04 pm

For a spring piston airgun, do you guys think it's better to have a short, tough spring that's not in much tension when it's not cocked or a long weaker spring that offers a more constant tension both cocked and not? I know for PCP hammers a sling shot hammer is better (short, tough spring that's not under tension)

CpTn_lAw wrote::D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related