Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 82 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Spud Gun Legality?

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Spud Gun Legality?

Unread postAuthor: sizzlinninja » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:23 pm

I am looking for spud gun legality laws in the state of Georgia (U.S.). Can somebody give me a link or something to see these laws? Thanks alot guys!
  • 0


sizzlinninja
Private
Private
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:20 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:28 pm

The universal spudgun law: nobody has to know :wink:
  • 0

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
User avatar
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 4969
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 11

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:29 pm

This isn't specifically for Georgia but it will give you an idea:
http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/inde ... _City_laws

At the end of the day, it's down to whatever cop happens to respond. Even if it is legal to own or build a spud gun, a cop could still probably ticket you for a number of other offences like excessive noise, using a dangerous weapon on public land or something like that.

Best to check with your local department and ask them where it would be okay for you to fire a spudgun etc.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Tallahassee » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:34 pm

I have found nothing saying that you cannot own a spud gun in GA. I would suggest talking to local authorities. They can't do anything about you asking. If it is illegal then I suggest not messing with them. If you decide to, don't fire it around people. :wink: I'm sure an airgun isn't illegal even if combustion guns are.
  • 0

User avatar
Mr.Tallahassee
Major
Major
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: mattyzip77 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 am

I dont know about Georgia, but in Mass combustions are illegal, however pneumatics are not. I was at a party on the 4th of July and a few staties showed up. They made me take the BBQ ignitor off of the combustion and they kept it and let me keep the gun. However, they looked at my pneumatic and said it was fine. Its probably the same way out there, but as Crowley mentioned, it depends on the cop. Be careful, and be aware!!! :roll:
  • 0

Go Bruins!!!!
User avatar
mattyzip77
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: Taxachusetts
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: velocity3x » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:57 am

Here in Arizona, I live in county area 2 minutes beyond a city limit line. Within the city limits, BB / airsoft guns and sling shots are illegal. In contrast, It's perfectly legal in county area to discharge (1/4 mile distance from any occupied dwelling) an M-2 Browning, Minigun or anything else. Other than California, I don't know of any restrictive states. Regardless of where you live, I think it's the local laws that are the most troublesome.
  • 0

User avatar
velocity3x
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:01 pm

In Pa, cops are differnt all over the place, before i moved I had a cop pull in my drive way and ask what i was doing, So i told him, He said either you let me shoot it or I write you a ticket, I let him shoot it

But now in a differnt town, cops say they are illegal but doesnt say in the ordiance but, i just shoot in my basement to prevent any problems
  • 0


jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:11 am
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Look on the ATF website as well as your local goverment.
  • 0

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
User avatar
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 25

Unread postAuthor: mattyzip77 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:43 pm

jsefcik wrote:In Pa, cops are differnt all over the place, before i moved I had a cop pull in my drive way and ask what i was doing, So i told him, He said either you let me shoot it or I write you a ticket, I let him shoot it

But now in a differnt town, cops say they are illegal but doesnt say in the ordiance but, i just shoot in my basement to prevent any problems

Trees in the basement again??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
  • 0

Go Bruins!!!!
User avatar
mattyzip77
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: Taxachusetts
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:06 pm

mattyzip77 wrote:
jsefcik wrote:In Pa, cops are differnt all over the place, before i moved I had a cop pull in my drive way and ask what i was doing, So i told him, He said either you let me shoot it or I write you a ticket, I let him shoot it

But now in a differnt town, cops say they are illegal but doesnt say in the ordiance but, i just shoot in my basement to prevent any problems

Trees in the basement again??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:


I'm not shooting golf balls in my basement
Just smaller stuff like darts, and batteries Anything but gOlfballs
  • 0


jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:11 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Atomique » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 am

Gun Freak wrote:The universal spudgun law: nobody has to know :wink:

On this we should finish the discussion :D

This law work in every place on this planet.
  • 0

~ Sorry for my English ~
User avatar
Atomique
Private
Private
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:57 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: sco77 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:41 pm

mattyzip77 wrote:I dont know about Georgia, but in Mass combustions are illegal, however pneumatics are not. I was at a party on the 4th of July and a few staties showed up. They made me take the BBQ ignitor off of the combustion and they kept it and let me keep the gun. However, they looked at my pneumatic and said it was fine. Its probably the same way out there, but as Crowley mentioned, it depends on the cop. Be careful, and be aware!!! :roll:


That's strange considering a pneumatic is significantly more powerful than a [non-hybrid] standard propellent combustion... Maybe that state law is more worried about fires from people firing into woods then the weapon aspect?
  • 0


sco77
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:33 pm

sco77 wrote:
mattyzip77 wrote:I dont know about Georgia, but in Mass combustions are illegal, however pneumatics are not. I was at a party on the 4th of July and a few staties showed up. They made me take the BBQ ignitor off of the combustion and they kept it and let me keep the gun. However, they looked at my pneumatic and said it was fine. Its probably the same way out there, but as Crowley mentioned, it depends on the cop. Be careful, and be aware!!! :roll:


That's strange considering a pneumatic is significantly more powerful than a [non-hybrid] standard propellent combustion... Maybe that state law is more worried about fires from people firing into woods then the weapon aspect?


Also it's much easier to classify a combustion as a firearm because of the actual fire aspect. Pneumatics usually don't fall under that category unless your country have other requisites to classify it as a gun
  • 0

I love lamp
User avatar
Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: saefroch » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Most likely combustions are illegal because they're more commonly the source of spudgun-related injuries and deaths. Some little kid will throw one together out of DWV couplings and recklessness ensues.
  • 0

User avatar
saefroch
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.- See Map
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: mattyzip77 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Actually they are illegal because they use a propellant for a ignition source. Im not going to make a debate out of this, however I have yet to have a DWV fitting fail on me yet. In no way or form am I saying DWV is safe, Im just saying........................ :D :D
  • 0

Go Bruins!!!!
User avatar
mattyzip77
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: Taxachusetts
Reputation: 0

Return to General Spud Cannon Related

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'