Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Spudfiles on Vsauce!

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Spudfiles on Vsauce!

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:25 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPJiSGJ0t08&feature=g-u&context=G22be7afFUAAAAPAARAA[/youtube]

2:18! I am more than sure that cannon is on spudfiles. Now if only we had the rest of our cannons on that clip too in a slide show or something.

By the way, we should probably all go comment on the video that this sort of stuff is not very safe if you don't do your research first. Not suggesting we let millions of people onto the site and spamming, but I would feel better knowing that our (sport?) hobby won't get a bad reputation because a bunch of kids blew them selves up by trying a hybrid in a soda bottle like Gun freak or something.
  • 0


warhead052
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:39 pm

well probably we have the most unusual hobby comparing with other sports, and in my experience, people doesn´t accept our hobby very well :?
but anyway they can´t stop me 8)
  • 0

User avatar
wyz2285
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:50 am
Location: Porto, Portugal
Country: Portugal (pt)
Reputation: 12

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:50 pm

  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Well that picture wasn't the only thing, there was also a hybrid on there.
  • 0


warhead052
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Hmm...It kinda bothers me that they don't refer to SF.
  • 0

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
User avatar
Brian the brain
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:06 am
Location: Holland
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Reputation: 29

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Didn't expect to see my hybrid in there at 2:18. :lol:
  • 0

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
User avatar
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Canada
Country: Poland (pl)
Reputation: 3

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:51 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/tactical-inter-balistic-tennisball-system-t19309.html


If I remember correctly, this took 1st place??? in a contest here on Spudfiles...
  • 0

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
User avatar
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 25

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: D_Hall » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:04 pm

wyz2285 wrote:well probably we have the most unusual hobby comparing with other sports, and in my experience, people doesn´t accept our hobby very well :?

Oh, we're probably a 1.0 on the "unusual hobby" scale. The very fact that most people even know what a spudgun is testifies to that.





Aside: WTF is Vsauce?
  • 0

Simulation geek (GGDT / HGDT) and designer of Vera.
User avatar
D_Hall
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: SoCal
Reputation: 6

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Brian the brain wrote:Hmm...It kinda bothers me that they don't refer to SF.
They probably found SB15's hybrid on YouTube, not Spudfiles.

Whose gun was that at around 2:17, just before SB's? Can't remember if I have seen it on Spudfiles or not.

Edit: by the way, f*cking LOL at the 1100 yard golf ball claim.

Edit 2: Must have brought up this issue before with the owner of the video as it says I've been blocked from leaving comments.

His claim:

At 120psi we have confirmed distances of around 1100 yards with a tail wind.
While many people have asked why i don't use a modified sprinkler valve, the real reason is that they dont offer enough flow. SPrinklet valves are great for cannons with short barrels where there is very limited time to open the valve before the golfball exits the barrel. if the barrel is over 3ft long, you will most likely have better performance with a 1 inch or larger ball valve. This cannon has a 5 ft long barrel. This particular valve sticks extremely hard at first and then flies open. I can achieve an extra 300 meters using a 1 inch ball valve over a 1 inch modified sprinkler valve.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:00 pm

MrCrowley wrote:
Brian the brain wrote:Hmm...It kinda bothers me that they don't refer to SF.
They probably found SB15's hybrid on YouTube, not Spudfiles.

Whose gun was that at around 2:17, just before SB's? Can't remember if I have seen it on Spudfiles or not.

Edit: by the way, f*cking LOL at the 1100 yard golf ball claim.

Edit 2: Must have brought up this issue before with the owner of the video as it says I've been blocked from leaving comments.

His claim:

At 120psi we have confirmed distances of around 1100 yards with a tail wind.
While many people have asked why i don't use a modified sprinkler valve, the real reason is that they dont offer enough flow. SPrinklet valves are great for cannons with short barrels where there is very limited time to open the valve before the golfball exits the barrel. if the barrel is over 3ft long, you will most likely have better performance with a 1 inch or larger ball valve. This cannon has a 5 ft long barrel. This particular valve sticks extremely hard at first and then flies open. I can achieve an extra 300 meters using a 1 inch ball valve over a 1 inch modified sprinkler valve.


This is the gun:

http://spudtech.com/detail.asp?id=51
  • 0


evanmcorleytv
Major
Major
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:41 pm

D_Hall wrote:Oh, we're probably a 1.0 on the "unusual hobby" scale. The very fact that most people even know what a spudgun is testifies to that.


Right, you could run a porn forum. :roll:
  • 0

User avatar
mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3465
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:18 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 21

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:20 am

D_Hall wrote:Aside: WTF is Vsauce?


My first thought.

oh.

Right, you could run a porn forum.


:D
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:48 am

Thats pretty cool. Its funny how fast the hobby progresses really. When I built my fairly large 2x hybrid, I referred to it as being amongst the most powerful hand helds anywhere, which, at the time was probably true. Less than 2 years later, if asked, I would have to refer to it as a modest hybrid hand held since much stronger versions are becoming more and more common. The good news is that the hobby is progressing and the better news is that no one is getting hurt in the process.
  • 0

User avatar
Moonbogg
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: whittier, CA USA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: pneumaticcannons » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:24 am

SpudBlaster15 wrote:Didn't expect to see my hybrid in there at 2:18. :lol:

Pretty cool vsauce featured you..... If only he had featured your username(I think MrC would have jizzed his pants with envy)😳
  • 0

ramicaza <- My Youtube Channel
User avatar
pneumaticcannons
Major
Major
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:45 am
Location: shite country in asia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:13 am

pneumaticcannons wrote:Pretty cool vsauce featured you..... If only he had featured your username(I think MrC would have jizzed his pants with envy)😳


The truly unfortunate aspect is that they didn't use the music from the original source material. :lol:
  • 0

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
User avatar
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Canada
Country: Poland (pl)
Reputation: 3

Next

Return to General Spud Cannon Related

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'