Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Push button valve

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 

Would this valve work?

Yes
2
50%
No
2
50%
 
Total votes : 4
  • Author
    Message

Push button valve

Unread postAuthor: Airsoft Junkie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:44 pm

Does anyone know if a valve like this would work in a pneumatic setup?

Image
Push Button Self-Closing 90 Degree Straight Valve

It's the kind that are used on urinals and some sinks...

If not, does anyone know of a different kind of push button type valve that would? I'm working on a compact design that wouldn't have room for a Sprinkler.
  • 0

Airsoft Junkie
Private
Private
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:21 pm
Location: Virginia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Not sure,but you could use a QEV which is smaller and you can get pushbuttons for them like on joels sprinkler valves. Or you could get some 1/2" ASCO valves. Which arnt great but theyre small.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: Scotty » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:34 pm

you can shoot your gun at anything you want.... just don't let a bloody greeny spot ya!
  • 0


Scotty
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:00 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:43 pm

What the heck brought that up????? To answer you question Airsoft Junkie, if it holds air pressure than there’s no reason that it wouldn’t work. Just it might not be efficient.
  • 0

Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
User avatar
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: mooman7777 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:51 pm

DO NOT USE THIS VALVE....this valve is ONLY for LIQUID... if you air this up... I’d give an 80% chance of seal failure, 20% chance of explosion
  • 0


mooman7777
Private
Private
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:47 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:54 pm

That makes sense…I think. Are you a plumber or something?
  • 0

Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
User avatar
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: singularity » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:49 pm

a metal valve exploding, i don't think so unless by exploding you mean shooting out the button part, still i doubt it would explode
  • 0

be sure to check out my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ak-style-airsoft-vortex-gun-t10959.html">AK Styled Vortex Gun</a> and my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/at-4-t9627.html">AT-4 Rocket</a>

upcoming projects... finalized clip fed BBMG and ball point pen sniper
User avatar
singularity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: someplace
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:13 am

mooman7777 wrote:DO NOT USE THIS VALVE....this valve is ONLY for LIQUID... if you air this up... I’d give an 80% chance of seal failure, 20% chance of explosion


So are sprinkler valves...yet we use them :P Oh and if your going to pull numbers out of your arse make sure you know your stuff. Why would this blow up? Pressure is pressure, doesnt really matter if its water or air(only if it explodes) Why would this valve blow up huh?
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: squeaks » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:25 am

The only thing is we don't know what it's rated to, or at least I don't know what it's rated to. If you knew what water pressure it was rated to you would be fine guessing that it has a similar air pressure rating.
  • 0

"Nine out of ten Americans agree that out of ten Americans one will always disagree with the other nine."
-Collin Mockery
Who's Line is it Anyway

Borrow money from a pessimist, he won't expect it back.

squeaks
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Enoch, UT(next to Cedar City)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: CS » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:46 am

"DO NOT USE THIS VALVE....this valve is ONLY for LIQUID... if you air this up... I’d give an 80% chance of seal failure, 20% chance of explosion"

For all forum members, I must inform you that this post most likely is purely fictional.

Old man #1 - Look its that crazy kid backing out of his drive-way again, watch out mail box!
Old man #2 - Do you figure he gonna hit it?
Old man #1 - IDK I reckon there is a 20% chance

I could very well be wrong, but this user provided no data to even so much as support the claim, so currently I would dub the claim as BS. Also being his first post, and no apparent grasp that almost everything a potato launcher consists of was originally intend for transportation of a liquid. Be it a pipe, valve, or what-ever.

For the sake of the God of your parents choice, don't go out spewing random BS in this forum. People like me in my earlier membership would stick to the words of other forum members like flies on sh*t. I wouldn't find it surprising if there is a amount of people the same as I was. For example, the wild assed claim that PVC did not show up in X-ray. I went two years believing this claim, to later discover that it does in fact present itself when X-rayed after reading a un-related article involving PVC, and a X-ray. At all costs, don't spew random BS!
  • 0

User avatar
CS
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Southern Utah
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:57 am

that valve is probably only rated to a little above water main pressure (which i think is usually 35 to 45 psi but it would be wise to double check). personnaly i find more comfort in useing a valve with the max pressure clearly marked on it or the box it came with and that the max pressure is 100 psi or more. But thats just me.
  • 0


Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:51 am
Location: New Mexico
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Dom » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:59 am

MrCrowley wrote:
mooman7777 wrote:DO NOT USE THIS VALVE....this valve is ONLY for LIQUID... if you air this up... I’d give an 80% chance of seal failure, 20% chance of explosion


So are sprinkler valves...yet we use them :P Oh and if your going to pull numbers out of your arse make sure you know your stuff. Why would this blow up? Pressure is pressure, doesnt really matter if its water or air(only if it explodes) Why would this valve blow up huh?


I think a sprinkler valve has a better seal than a urinoir valve.
  • 0

Youpee doupee, Signature ability is mine!

Dom
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:04 pm

? What? Thats not the point, the point is they are meant for water not air. Why do you think people leave saftey margins, Mine is rated to 145psi with water but its not tested with air so I leave a saftey margin of 15psi.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: Airsoft Junkie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:08 pm

Heh... I didn't think I'd cause such a controversy.
  • 0

Airsoft Junkie
Private
Private
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:21 pm
Location: Virginia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: akaddis » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:30 pm

i think it will workk.but be careful....test it at low pressures first
  • 0

User avatar
akaddis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:56 pm
Reputation: 0

Return to General Spud Cannon Related

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'