Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 68 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

legality

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
legality

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 pm

well, ive looked on the wiki, and on google and cant seem to find anything about the legality of pneumatic cannons. i live in california, so at a min could someone find something on it in cali, and best would be Santa Barbara.

at a last resort i could ask a cop, but i dont tend to like cops....

There are rules, and then there are hundred dollar bills.
A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Pete Zaria » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:32 pm

I would personally assume them to be in the same classification legally as pneumatic BB/pellet guns. Just call the local police office (or call 911 and then ask for a non-emergency line) and ask. If you're paranoid, do it from someone else's phone or a pay-phone.

In my state (WA) they're legal as long as you don't commit a crime with them. Basically, it's legal, unless you shoot it at someone/someone's property/etc..., at which time it becomes a weapon and can be confiscated.
The cops have come out to my house several times because of noise complaints. They always think my combustion gun is awesome, twice they've asked to try it out :) I live out in the woods, though.

Peace,
Pete Zaria.

Pete Zaria

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:39 pm

http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/inde ... gal_issues

that page is on legal issues for spudding.
I guess its okay where you live because its not considered a fire arm.

pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:47 pm

^^ ya saw that page, but too vauge

lol, pete, i love it when you meet the occasional awesome policeman.ive met some in my life(not too long, only 14), i remember one when i was 6, and i was sleeping in the front of the car, and my dad got pulled over for speeding. the policeman talked to me when i woke up, and gave me a stack of baseball cards. but ive met quite a few bad ones as well. i remember an incident in bryce canyon(named after bryce canyon!) and a camper full of fireworks....my dad and him got into a bit of a fight...and i was like 4...kinda set me off on the wrong foot.

im not too paranoid bout asking, its more along the lines of asking, and then they will be like"yes, they are illegal....do you have one?"....and then it goes against my morals to lie to the authorities....

A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:52 pm

lol who cares if they are legal as long as they make noise and they are fun....look at my polish mini cannon in off topic...that isnt legal...shhhh dont tell anyone.....

spudthug
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: risto » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:02 pm

you can call your local police station and ask. If they ask if you have them, say yes and the worst they will do is ask you to disassemble them. Hell, i live in florida and i was driving around with mine in my toolbox of the truck and the officer asked me if i had anything illegal, i asked and showed him. he said it wasnt legal to have them off my property and to 'dismantle it when you get to your destination'. for some reason (i dont know if it was the potato gun or what) he let me go. I was going 51 in a 30, so i deserved that ticket, but nevertheless, ask. I doubt they will trace your call, come out to your house, take all your guns and fine you. that's like, russia.

risto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: A-98 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 pm

lol, russia. despit the whole communist reign thing, russia is still pretty cool.
im definitely going to ask, i just wanted to see if anyone had anything on it

A-98
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:20 pm

my dad is really bad with security and police, he acts like hes being pulled over by insurgens with AK-47s :lol:
but you live in california that suck everything is illegal in california I rather be white trash then get bothered homeowner societies, and not have any cool stuff

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:47 pm

Russia is commy any more. :lol: Cuba is though. Evil Fidel. :twisted:

pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: pyromanic13 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:12 pm

combustions are illegal in my town...pneumatics aren't. I asked a cop and he told me doesn't stop me from using my combustion, they have larger worries than some kid experimenting/ having fun.

^wtf 2 pyromanic (or close) I looked at this thread like five times going when the hell did I post in there!

Movie dialogue: "The good die first."
Tom: "But most of us are morally ambiguous, which explains our random dying
patterns."

pyromanic13
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to General Spud Cannon Related