Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], csitas, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Golf Ball Backspin

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: CpTn_lAw » Sun May 27, 2007 4:58 am

hey you guys haven't you ever heard of the hop-up system? in Airsoft AEG's, it's ultra common and provides a quick backspin that litteraly increases the accuracy as well as the range. On my M4A1 from marui, without hop up, i get 20 meters flat shot, with hopup ajusted, i get approx 50 meters at 310 fps.
It woud work with a golfball as long as the rubber is soft and just provides a small friction on the ball. The rubber has to be near the begining of the barrel (not the end where the golfball leaves the barrel, the other one where it sits)
if you put a too big piece of rubber, you will se the golfball go straight for 20 meters and then climb up fast. with a BB i could shoot at a friend while aiming at him, and the bb's would pass just over him at 15 meters.

"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
CpTn_lAw
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: boilingleadbath » Sun May 27, 2007 8:20 pm

I've had good luck with rubber bits at the <i>end</i> of the barrel as have others.
You may have a point about over-exuberant hop-up... all the more reason for adjustable systems, no?

boilingleadbath

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related