Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], mark.f, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

sad day

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:32 am

that is really really dumb your parents are ignornent. i understand that where you live you got to be careful about using your guns in public cause it is likely that some douche bag will call the cops after geting a glipse of the thing what will happen after that is the cops would come and probably , as long as you did not wave your gun at them, you'd be fine, and they might just take a closer look and verify that it is, in fact, just a potato cannon and not a nuclear horror weapon of mass columbine. in many places they might arest as a worst case senario, this mainly apllies to airsoft and pellet guns but they are similar

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:53 am

i know you won't quit however much your parents want you to, frank soemthing (i cant remember) thought he was going to quit from the fire but hes bakc in action.
It's in our blood.
so use this.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=0&

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:20 pm

I live in some suburbs as well and I'm very uncomfortable about using my cannon at full power in the garden. I have to check all 4 gardens around mine first to make sure they're empty...

I'm designing a silenced pistol cannon about 40cm long to replace my rifle cannon for home use.

It's still capable of throwing a 20g slug 350m but it looks less powerful, will have a miniscule firing report and can be quickly and easily concealed.

Perhaps you should think of designs along those lines with a low firing noise and small size - generally seeming less dangerous - if you want to persuade your parents to allow you to continue.

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Blitz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:38 pm

iknowmy3tables wrote:that is really really dumb your parents are ignornent. i understand that where you live you got to be careful about using your guns in public cause it is likely that some douche bag will call the cops after geting a glipse of the thing what will happen after that is the cops would come and probably , as long as you did not wave your gun at them, you'd be fine, and they might just take a closer look and verify that it is, in fact, just a potato cannon and not a nuclear horror weapon of mass columbine. in many places they might arest as a worst case senario, this mainly apllies to airsoft and pellet guns but they are similar

His parents are ignorant because they were looking out for their kid? They're just being cautious. Depending on the situation, I may have done the same thing although destroying them are a bit extreme in my opinion.

Blitz
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:19 pm

you mean over protective parents aren't ignorent

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Blitz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:23 pm

iknowmy3tables wrote:you mean over protective parents aren't ignorent

That's a very subjective term. And no, overprotective parents are not ignorant.

Blitz
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:38 pm

@PCGUY
He's Australian.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
Insomniac
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Perhaps someone should write a letter to the relevant authorities in Australia to confirm the posistion on spud guns.

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:31 pm

overprotective parents are not ignorant.

Mine our.
His parents are being slightly paranoid about the loudness of the cannons. Standing by a cannon when it goes off may sound like a gun shot and scare the person, but at farther distances the noise can easily be mistaken for a hammer, a car door being slammed, or something being dropped at a construction site. The only major issue is the neighbors seeing the cannons which would be an issue for concern as most people do not understand our hobby and tend to jump to conclusions.
I live in a gated community with round the clock security, cops just down my street, old people who will call the cops if they see a cat out the window, and people who hate kids and teens, but i still test cannons, explosives, flamethrowers, and basically what ever the hell i want, because all of the noise produced by my experiments is easily mistaken for a common noise heard in suburbia.
But you live in australia so i don't know how different your neighbors are from mine.
The only suggestion i can offer is for him to try and reason with his parents by asking if he can build the cannons, and periodically go to his friends house or some open deslete land to test his cannons. Also if you have a garge or yard shed, you could ask if you could set up an indoor shooting range to test you cannons so you'll be out of site and muffle most of the noise produced.
If that doesn't work, just ask them not to destroy your cannons and promise you will no longer prosue your hobby until you are out of you parents house.

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Pyro Ninja » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:23 pm

atleast see if you can give them to a friend.......it would be a waste of money aswell as time to destroy them......... :(

Pyro Ninja
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:02 pm

I wonder how they would destroy an abs cannon?
A hammer won't do it.
Fire would:(

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:17 pm

I've taken a meat clever to some pvc before.

I'd say destroying pvc wouldin't be to hard.

try to convince them to let you sell the guns or atleast make them give you all the cash you spent on em back.

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Velocity » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:25 pm

While your parents may have good intentions, their execution of such actions is poor. I assume you funded your own creations, considering that your parents are so against spudguns? They need to reimburse you if this is the case; they cannot just steal something from you are destroy it; however, they probably are allowed to take it away (under the assumption you will get it back later?).

Ask your parents what caused this sudden change. If I were you though, I would keep that piston gun as secret as possible.

Velocity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Bubba05 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:51 pm

dude im going to line all my cannons up and give your a 21 gun salute!!
and where black for a whole day!!

SAD DAY INDEED!!

Sorry for your loss!

Bubba

Bubba05
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: sandman » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:32 pm

this is why, first im building steel plated box to put mine in, that will shock you if you try to open it wrong, and if you try to disable it, the power to the whole house turns off. I protect my investments.

but, i am sorry about your cannons

sandman
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to General Spud Cannon Related