Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 85 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Alanstone, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Pneumatic questions

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: spudkilla » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:03 pm

does anyone know where to get a cheap air tank? all the ones ive seen are 350 or more and how can i tell if my gun can take air?http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_item_080501a.htm that is my gun (super up grated thought)

Why do I try to make a relevant post?
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: trae08 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:28 pm

the 1/4 inch quick connects i got at home depot. ive used them up to 400. there impossible to disconnect tho at that pressure

Marvin the Martian: Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Marvin the Martian: The Earth? Oh, the Earth will be gone in just a few seconds.

PCGUY wrote:Congrats, your the first donating member I have had to ban.
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:23 pm

Why would you want to disconnect a quick connect (or any fitting for that matter) at such a high pressure?

Anyway, most remote lines that can be purchased at paintball stores come with quick connects. They are usually 1/8"NPT. I'm sure if they come on remote lines, they can be purchased separately. As far as converting the ASA threads to NPT, I'm unsure. Maybe some form of epoxy would be in order.

Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:18 pm

As far as quick connects go, look at your local auto parts supplier. They should have hydraulic quick connects in a variety of sizes from 1/4" to 1"( :shock: ), that are rated for at least 3000 psi. About 30 bucks for male + female. They also have all sorts of other interesting hydraulic stuff (like flexible hose rated for 5800 psi).

You could obtain a greater degree of safety than air with an inert gas, such as pure nitrogen or helium. Even small towns usually have some sort of a compressed gas depot, which is, IMHO, a spudder's paradise. You could easily buy a backpack sized, 2500 psi nitrogen tank for under $150, then you just need a good reg (50-500 psi regs can often be found on eBay for under $80), and some of the aforementioned hydraulic hose and quick connects, and you will have a relatively cheap high pressure setup (unless you choose to buy a 93 cubic foot tank like I did.)

For high pressure setups, please don't epoxy incompatible threads together (sorry Jack). Just spend a few extra $ and do it properly. I don't understand the trend toward using repurposed paintball equipment. It vastly complicates things, and it can be really expensive.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to General Spud Cannon Related