Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 46 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

sight for airgun

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: chaos » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:43 pm

ino i reckon open sights are better than any scope. only prob is my open sights would be machined and lathed.... or would involve welding im sure ill think of a way to make a cheap set sooner or later.

chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:59 pm

i was thinking, you know the sights on some rifles that have a ring on the back sight instead of a notch? could i buy a front sight for a rifle/bb gun, then make the rear sight out of a paper clip? it would be really easy to adjust.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: rad14701 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:48 pm

Sights are one of those personal things... I was just contemplating which type of sight to integrate into a design last night... I was leaning towards a peep sight similar to what came on some very old BB guns... They had a standard notched rear sight as well as a flip up plate with a tiny peephole in the center... I was thinking of a standard BB or post topped with BB front site... But those would be better for a sniper than a fun spud gun...

rad14701
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: hi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:08 pm

i am making a qev "sniper". i am getting really fed up with not being able to hit anything that is more than 20 feet away. i saw my cousins copper QEV gun and fell in love with it, so now im building my own.

i want to mold my own bullets out of lead or tin (probly tin if i find a good, cheap, reliable source), then have some type of good sights to hit soda cans with it. i think ill practice of pvc first, but i might rifle the barrel. (this is a copper gun by the way)

does anyone here know exacly how well 12 gauge shotgun slugs fit in 3/4'' copper. maybe i could just use that as ammo because they are rifled so to speak.......

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related