Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 76 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 74 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Got caught

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Got caught

Unread postAuthor: Pyro Ninja » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:56 am

:( Me and my friend XxtriviumxX (username)...were shooting our ballvalve pneumatic.away from house's along this bush cliff sort area.......shooting a guitar with batterys and darts..........then we saw an old laddie looking right at us...so we went do onto the beach to and around the cliffs to get home a different way......but when we got around to another beach the police pulled into the carpark and started walking towards us....and thought "oh crap @#$^^&^^%#$#%*^&^$%#" and i turn around and tryed to walk away..but then i stoped turn around again because because XxtriviumxX said not to and i would have got in to more trouble if i kepted going..........they what have you been doing we told them that we were shooting air launchers......they asked what we were shooting we said batterys .....but i left a dart in the barrel..which i really really don't want them to find because that would be lying to police......all in all they were ok but they said they are going to destroy them, hopefully with out looking down the barrel....they gave us a warning but if we do something like that again we will get in alot of trouble.......but they said its ok to do it on your own property not in a public place.......... :(

Pyro Ninja
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: shud_b_rite » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:27 am

oooh close one. Was the gun expensive that they destroyed? Because if it was... stink.

Airbeds... so many different uses
shud_b_rite
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: wannabie » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:29 am

oh snap! where were you doin it?

wannabie
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:32 am

but they said its ok to do it on your own property not in a public place..........

They were perfectly right I'm afraid, you have only yourselves to blame.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: chaos » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:57 am

where do ya live man? Australia? im amazed they diddnt say it was an illegal firearm... you should put this on the aus spudgun laws thread.

2bad man

chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: XxtriviumxX » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:59 am

shud_b_rite wrote:oooh close one. Was the gun expensive that they destroyed? Because if it was... stink.

just under $30 (aust)

XxtriviumxX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: experament-u2 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:12 am

that sucks i was just about to shoot a potato out of my old combustion a while ago and i walked out the side of my house (my range) and at a certain point i can be seen from the road and i wasn't thinking, so i was about to shoot and a cop car was doing a u-turn out the front of my house and just before i pressed the trigger i saw them and a swear the cop in the passenger seat looked straight at me. i just dropped in the dirt and ran inside and hid my gun rely quick

but im pretty sure he didn't see me cause no one came knocking later

experament-u2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: mega_swordman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:45 am

You should take a small bit of comfort that you got off with a warning and had the $30 ballvalve gun taken/destroyed. It could have easily been a lot worse, especially if they found the nail darts.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." George S. Patton
mega_swordman
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Pyro Ninja » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:13 am

mega_swordman wrote:You should take a small bit of comfort that you got off with a warning and had the $30 ballvalve gun taken/destroyed. It could have easily been a lot worse, especially if they found the nail darts.

yeah thats what i was thinking but I dont know what they will do if they find the dart in the barrel......

And i dont know weather I should finish my mini piston gun...all ive got to do is glue it and get a pilot valve...... :?

Pyro Ninja
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: TwitchTheAussie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:07 am

Yeah it sucks how the cops crack down on us. Im lucky mine wasnt taken and destroyed. But mine was made absolutely free, about the only thing I spent on it was epoxy.

Raise your horns if you love metal.
spudgunning is like sex, once you've tasted, you can't wait til next time.
-
CpTn_lAw
TwitchTheAussie
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: mega_swordman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:06 am

Pyro Ninja wrote: And i dont know weather I should finish my mini piston gun...all ive got to do is glue it and get a pilot valve...... :?

I would go ahead and finish it. My thinking is that as long as you do it in a more...isolated area, you shouldn't encounter problems. Also, take a few precautions while firing the gun, like have a spotman or lookout to see if any cars or whatnot are headed your way.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." George S. Patton
mega_swordman
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: peter » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:47 pm

I personally would have run from the police..

..if I would like to shoot spudguns.

peter
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Bubba05 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:11 pm

Bad luck mate!! You might have to go further away like out bush or something! Thats what I do and the cops never have a problem!
But you did get off easy so thats a bonus!!

Bubba!

Bubba05
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: From_Hamsterdam » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:40 pm

That is one good thing about living in WA you can travel for a few hours and be in the middle of no where. Even easier if you have a 4x4.

From_Hamsterdam
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Bubba05 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:38 pm

he he have both!! but i used to live on the Gold Coast and they never had a problem over there ether! As long as you dont shoot at people or property your ok!

Bubba

Bubba05
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to General Spud Cannon Related