Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 71 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 67 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

using co2 muzzle loding cleaning supplies for tactail use

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
using co2 muzzle loding cleaning supplies for tactail use

Unread postAuthor: cb4289 » Mon May 14, 2007 10:04 am

Hi guys i was wondering if any one would have some ideas with pics , On how to use this not only to power the gun. But use that leaver on it as the trigger ? well let me know oh by the way i'm having my dad ask some eneerneers at his work to make up a easer triggering system for cannons i think they can do it they are using PRO E.

If you build it good they will come - alton brown

Attachments
co2.jpg
you can get these from cabelas.com / the store
co2.jpg (1.36 KiB) Viewed 328 times
co2.jpg
co2.jpg (1.36 KiB) Viewed 328 times

cb4289
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon May 14, 2007 10:26 am

you're better off using a blowgun

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Mon May 14, 2007 11:08 am

You could take a 1/4 ball valve and modify it and make your own trigger. Or to use that take a EMPTY cartrige and cut it in half and then take some hose and put it on the end of the cartrige and then seal it in there with some expoxy and a hose clamp and then you could use that as your blow gun.

Or if you can weld, take the end of the cartige and weld it to a pipe nipple that will fit it. But I think that you would be better useing a blow gun because the CFM rating is low and I dont think it will trigger fast enough but you could try it.

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

My girl friend says I dont listen, at least thats what I think she said...
WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

BLOW GUN

Unread postAuthor: cb4289 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:21 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:you're better off using a blowgun

wHAT IS A BLOW GUN

cb4289
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Mon May 14, 2007 12:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGHSuKpbFM0

i would call them morons... but sadly ive done that before

Scope
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: cb4289 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:34 pm

What if i use this to fill the chamber up then use a mod sprinkler valve as the trigger

cb4289
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:54 pm

Would it have been that difficult to put a link to what that CO2 device is used for?

<a href="http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0006480214461a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=co2&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=co2&noImage=0">12g CO2 Load Discharger</a>
It is used to blow lead balls out of black powder muzzle loading rifles. The outlet fitting is meant to fit over the rifles nipple. It is meant to clear an unfired round, not to clear a jammed round (which I believe takes much higher pressures than a CO2 cartridge can create.)

Could be used like any other 12g CO2 system on a compressed gas gun. The main challenges;
1. Getting a fitting that'll connect the CO2 Load Discharger to an inlet on the chamber.
2. Coming up with a way to insure that you don't over pressurize the chamber. IIRC for a 12g CO2 cartridge there is enough pressure to grenade a small PCV chamber (but only a pretty small chamber).
3. 12g CO2s don't really have much CO2 in them, generally only enough for a single shot from a small to moderate sized gun. At ~50&cent; each it is kind of expensive.
4. The CO2 from the cartridge is cold. So cold that for best results you should let the gun sit a few minutes so the CO2 can warm up, this raises pressure in the chamber. And, depending on exactly how the fill setup is configured, you can freeze part of the chamber. This can be a problem with PVC since the pressure rating goes down pretty quickly with lower temperatures.

Some links;

http://www.spudfiles.com/spudtech_archi ... c&start=10
A sticky from the old SpudTech forums, on page 2 there is a pressure chart vs. chamber size for various chamber volumes. At 70F a single cartridge would pressurize a 100 in<sup>3</sup> chamber to about 60 PSI.

From the Spud Wiki ( http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/inde ... _cartridge ) a single 12g CO2 will pressurize a 100in<sup>3</sup> chamber to 42 PSI (PSIG or PSIA?)

Vetack made a nice Excel spread sheet with different chamber volumes etc; http://www.vetackonline.com/at4/co2pvc.xls

jimmy101
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: shud_b_rite » Tue May 15, 2007 12:56 am

Anyone know here if 12gram and 16gram cartridges have the same threads?

Airbeds... so many different uses
shud_b_rite
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: cb4289 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:21 am

You could take a 1/4 ball valve and modify it and make your own trigger. Or to use that take a EMPTY cartrige and cut it in half and then take some hose and put it on the end of the cartrige and then seal it in there with some expoxy and a hose clamp and then you could use that as your blow gun.

Or if you can weld, take the end of the cartige and weld it to a pipe nipple that will fit it. But I think that you would be better useing a blow gun because the CFM rating is low and I dont think it will trigger fast enough but you could try it.[/

thanks i'll try that

cb4289
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed May 16, 2007 4:38 am

or you could make a portable mini-strafer like this one

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to General Spud Cannon Related