Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 36 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 32 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MCRKilljoy, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

ABS cannon explosion

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Alchy_Bang » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:20 pm

SpudBlaster15 wrote:You are most likely using aerosol fuels. Because of the inability to precisely measure the fuel, the pressure spike (especially with a touch hole) is nowhere near that of a propane cannon. I still use DWV ABS for basic combustion cannons, but I no longer use it to construct propane combustions, as I learned the hard way that this is a very stupid idea.

Burning off your eyebrows and half of the hair on your head isn't exactly something to be bragging about.

i think its plenty to be proud of. you haven't lived till you drink a pint of tequila then about blow yourself up. and believe me i've played with propane before. but i like the simplicity of a aerosol cannon. some one always has fuel for it somewhere.

My immaginary friend doesn't like you, and he controlls my trigger finger.

www.myspace.com/oncesealed in blood
Alchy_Bang
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:41 pm

Alchy_Bang wrote:
SpudBlaster15 wrote:You are most likely using aerosol fuels. Because of the inability to precisely measure the fuel, the pressure spike (especially with a touch hole) is nowhere near that of a propane cannon. I still use DWV ABS for basic combustion cannons, but I no longer use it to construct propane combustions, as I learned the hard way that this is a very stupid idea.

Burning off your eyebrows and half of the hair on your head isn't exactly something to be bragging about.

i think its plenty to be proud of. you haven't lived till you drink a pint of tequila then about blow yourself up. and believe me i've played with propane before. but i like the simplicity of a aerosol cannon. some one always has fuel for it somewhere.
Indeed,
I actually find my more complex cannons not that fun to shoot, while my basic spray and pray cannons are a blast

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:45 pm

I find my most complex cannon (my hybrid) the most fun to shoot of all my cannons, simply because it is devastating to whatever target it is aimed at. Sometimes it is good to return to the basics though, because such cannons are very fun to shoot.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related