Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

another on bites the dust

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 

ever had a gun confiscated by a cop/ranger

yes
10%
no
90%

Total votes : 10
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: homedepotpro » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:06 pm

Jumpin Jehosaphat wrote:You could have waved whatever little law you wanted in his face, it wouldn't have changed anything. The violation here was not the use of a spudgun, he could have sited you for a noise violation in a state park... Unacceptable levels of noise in a park can disturb wildlife and other people... blah blah blah. You could also have been firing into an area where human/ wildlife may have been present (even if they weren't)
Don't try to argue with police, it will only result in confiscation, and you may be fined or arrested because they choose not to overlook violations that you are committing.

yeah i knew i couldn't win. i live in washington by the way

homedepotpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Jumpin Jehosaphat » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:15 pm

I think you pretty much nailed it goathunter.
Around here you can't so much as mumble under your breath that you don't particularly care for trees without someone whipping a can of green beans at your head.
As stupid and backwards as it is you would probably meet less harsh consequences firing a spudgun into a crowd of babies in a city than if you fired it at a pile of leafs in the middle of nowhere.

Jumpin Jehosaphat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: goathunter » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:29 pm

Well,I'm from Bellingham,WA myself.
I have to say I am truly grateful that my folks moved down south(SC).As much as I enjoy WA state they have some pretty bogus hippy laws(as does the rest of the West Coast).I live really far out in the woods now.Lucky me all the land around my house is owned by paper companies.I have no park rangers to worry about(not to make you jealous :) )

goathunter
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: homedepotpro » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:40 pm

goathunter wrote:Well,I'm from Bellingham,WA myself.
I have to say I am truly grateful that my folks moved down south(SC).As much as I enjoy WA state they have some pretty bogus hippy laws(as does the rest of the West Coast).I live really far out in the woods now.Lucky me all the land around my house is owned by paper companies.I have no park rangers to worry about(not to make you jealous :) )

true that

homedepotpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Jumpin Jehosaphat » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:43 pm

goathunter wrote:Well,I'm from Bellingham,WA myself.

I'm jealous. Not just at the lack of hippie laws, but that you actually have enough room to operate spudguns without being paranoid.

Jumpin Jehosaphat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related