Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 62 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Any LRC V3.0 Suggestions?

A place to ask general spud cannon related questions.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: Gepard » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Wow you two sound really close...... :roll:

I've looked but haven't found anything - though I must admit I wasn't that thorough....

Michael
  • 0


Gepard
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:12 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Gepard wrote:Wow you two sound really close...... :roll:

That's always the way with twins. Very tight bond.

While I'm at that, I'll also get him to list the basic principle of the algorithm for you - that is, if you need it?
  • 0

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
User avatar
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: SW Hertfordshire, England, UK.
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Gepard » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:04 pm

I must admit you both sound(read?) very similar.....

BTW, why do you only post on here? I noticed you were a UKSGC member 'once upon a time'....

Anything you two can provide is better than nothing. It'll be better for you to both throw everything you have at me rather than only what you think is important. When you say about the algorithm is that for the range finding or the GGDT side of things?

For UKSGC members, just to avoid confusion, I'm Himszy on that board and Gepard on 'here - Himszy wasn't activated by the mods on this one for some reason......

Michael
  • 0


Gepard
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:12 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:39 am

Gepard wrote:I must admit you both sound(read?) very similar.....

That's the identical upbringings showing through there. Now you mention it, you're more right about that than I was really aware. We pick up a lot of habits from each other.
It is a good thing that I don't use the word "cromulent" as much as he does in conversation, or so it would seem.
We definately sound different though, which is good for both of us.

BTW, why do you only post on here? I noticed you were a UKSGC member 'once upon a time'....

Indeed I was - but that was at a time when I was frequenting far too many forums, so I had to cut back on my browsing time. If I just think "Oh, I'll just pop in quickly, and I won't...", then I end up taking 4 hours, and it's next week by the time I'm finished on all the forums. The only option was to just stop visiting... But don't worry, Ragnarok keeps me updated on the important stuff.

Anything you two can provide is better than nothing. It'll be better for you to both throw everything you have at me rather than only what you think is important. When you say about the algorithm is that for the range finding or the GGDT side of things?

Both on the algorithm side of things. And if we did throw everything we have at you, then you might well be swamped by the information... I'll do a little selective filtering on it to avoid too many problems.
  • 0

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
User avatar
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: SW Hertfordshire, England, UK.
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Gepard » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:45 am

I must say generally there is more humour in your posts than his but apart from that...

Ok, that's fine not sure if I given you my address? hims.co.uk michael@m

Michael
  • 0


Gepard
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:12 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:54 am

Joannaardway wrote:However, I'm not personally going to be making a Windows application, and certainly not of the spreadsheet on it's own. I don't have the required know-how to program Windows programs.
Although an application would (and will, it comes out) be great, the spreadsheet will always have some advantages.


Eh? Windows? I thought you were a Linux user, (hence the penguin)?

Well, if you're not operating on Linux, then you don't have the convenience of free compilation tools and resources. But even so...

Microsoft, for some reason, released a free version of Visual Studio 2005, in a variety of programming languages. Don't look for the "free trial", but look for the actual Visual Studio page to acquire a version.

If you have a spreadsheet, then it's simply a matter of creating a "reader" application which will simply display the sheet in a window, that will work on any computer for users who don't have Excel.
  • 0

User avatar
mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:18 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 21

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:40 am

markfh11q wrote:Eh? Windows? I thought you were a Linux user, (hence the penguin)?

Well, if you're not operating on Linux, then you don't have the convenience of free compilation tools and resources. But even so...

I use a blend of both Windows and Linux, but I do a large amount of my work in Windows, mainly because it's the more common operating system (additionally, only 1 computer I use regularly has Linux, so I have to use Windows a lot anyway - even if it is a nightmare system designed in the depths of hell.)

It confuses others too, but the main reason I use Tux as an avatar is that I just like the picture.
Well, not entirely - I have been considering a different avatar for a while now. I've used Tux for so long, that a change might be nice.
  • 0

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
User avatar
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: SW Hertfordshire, England, UK.
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:25 pm

Just letting you know that the spreadsheet should be available very soon - so this is the last chance for any suggestions for it (other than getting it out sooner - I'm already working at it too much.) - otherwise any changes will have to be incorporated after the Beta period.

Jimmy's suggestion is already being programmed in - but embellished a small bit.

I still need to finish the main macro, and find the data on a few more types of ammo (like ping pong balls) before I'm completely done, but that's not going to take long, so hurry up!
  • 0

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
User avatar
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: SW Hertfordshire, England, UK.
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:40 pm

joannaardway, you might want to take a look here, scroll down a ways and there is a table with data on various ammos. Might be something you can use.
  • 0

Image

jimmy101
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:48 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:57 pm

jimmy101 wrote:Might be something you can use.

Certainly is... I'm going to have to make a copy of that one.
  • 0

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
User avatar
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: SW Hertfordshire, England, UK.
Reputation: 0

Previous

Return to General Spud Cannon Related

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'