What Is A Sticky?
A sticky is a topic on a forum that has been edited by a Moderator so that it will always show the 'stickied' topic at the top of the forum section it is posted in.
Topics are usually stickied for the main reason of them being extremely helpful to all members, new members in particular. The topics usually contain information unique to that topic and are very informative. By making the topic a sticky, it saves members from searching the forum for similar information. As the topic shows at the top of a particular forum section, members will always be able to find it and it will stand out to newer members.
Below is a list of the current forum stickies on Spudfiles in there corresponding forum sections.
- Chatroom Requests. Request members to enter the chatroom for an off-topic or spudgun related talk.
- Posting images a step-by-step guide. How to correctly post images in your posts on Spudfiles.
- Spudfiles extension for Firefox. A useful toolbar for firefox made by a member of Spudfiles.
- Parroting. A topic by a Spudfiles Moderator on forum 'parroting'.
General Spud Cannon Related
- My ~EYE~ Accident. A topic about a spudgunning accident involving a member of Spudfiles
- Newbie Help. A topic compiling helpful links for new members.
- Launcher Failure Analysis Log. A topic analysing various spudgun failures.
- Spudfiles member map. A map of some Spudfiles members worldwide.
Pneumatic Cannon Discussion
- The Sprinkler Valve. A topic of compiled information on the spudder's most common pneumatic valve, the sprinkler valve.
- Piston Valves Explained Visually. Possibly one of the most well known and informative topic on Spudfiles. This topic shows how piston valves work using animation.
- Sprinkler Valve Troubleshooting. Problem with your sprinkler valve? Read this sticky.
- How much co2 do I need? This topic has information on how to determine how much CO2 is required for a given chamber size and pressure.
- Read this before posting!. A warning message from a Moderator on posting.
Combustion Cannon Discussion
- Sparker Reference Guide. A helpful topic detailing some of the most common and uncommon ways of generating a spark in a spudgun.
- How to build a propane meter. Exactly that.
Hybrid Cannon Discussion
- Hybrid Fueling 101. A great topic on how to accurately fuel your hybrid two different ways.
BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Discussion
- Strafer Troubleshooting Guide. Problem with your strafer? Read this sticky.
Construction Materials/Ammo Discussion
- Ammo Ideas. Got an idea for good spudgun ammo? Post it here. Please check first that you are not duplicating anything already previously said in the topic.
- Golf Ball Barrel FAQ. All you need to know about golfball barrels being used with spudguns.
Non-Spudgun Related Discussion
- Where are you?. A Spudfiles poll detailing the locations of members who frequent the Spudfiles forum.
- The meaning of this section. Not quite the meaning of life, but still very important nonetheless.
- NSGRD Rules and Guidelines. Rules and guidelines specifically for the Non-Spudgun Related Dsicussion forum.
- RIP Chewy (Bill Vogt) -Memorial-. A thread dedicated to the memory of member and moderator of the old Spudtech forum, Bill Vogt aka Chewy.
- Mug Shot Pics!! Pictures of Spudfiles members.
- UK - Parts Locations. A thread to help spudders from the UK with finding spudgun supplies.
- Asutralia - Parts Locations. Same as above, but for the Aussies.
- Australia - Meets & Club Events. A thread for Australian members to help organise spudgunning meets in Australia.
- UK - Meets & Club Events. A thread for UK members to help organise spudgunning meets in the UK.
- How to make a pneumatic cannon with a 2" piston valve. A topic with two different how-to's on making 2" piston valves.
- How to make a small piston on a drill press. Step by step instructions to make a small plastic piston on a drill press.
- Modding a sprinkler valve. How to mod a sprinkler valve tutorial.
- What would you like to see here? A thread about possible how-to's members could contribute to the forum.
- Complete Plans for Advanced Combustion. Plans on making an advanced combustion spudgun.
- Valve Cutaways. Pictures of different spudgunning valves cut in half.
Important Spudfiles Announcements
- Posting Etiquette. All the posting rules for the forum, differs from the actual forum rules.
- Grammar. A topic on why proper grammar is important on this forum.
- Attention - Comcast/Cox/Verizon Email Users. If you use Comcast/Cox/Verison email, read this announcement.
- Caution - Odd Advertisements On SpudFiles. Seeing weird advertisements on Spudfiles? You probably have a virus, read this sticky.
- Solvent Welding Course Recommended For All. Not sure if you are solvent welding your cannon correctly, or just want a free pen, take this solvent welding course. Highly recommended to insure a safe build.
- Off-Topic and Non-Spudgun Related Merged. Outlining why the Off-Topic section was removed/merged.
- Are you SURE your post belongs here? Before making a post in the How-To section, be sure to read this topic first.