Spudtech Chat Room (SCR) ANOTHER New IP Address!

Talk about what ever......keep the political bantering in the "Politics" section.

Postby sgort87 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:26 pm

Yes. (both) I keep saing this on Teamspeak (TS), but I guess I will clarify it here. Both will be going on at the same time, but we will try our best to keep it mainly on AIM for those who do not have Teamspeak. We will also relay any info to TS that is on AIM so anyone who doesn't have AIM will know whats goin on.

Running both is the best way to go to fully understand what is going on. AIM allows easy wesite linking. My goal is to eventually have everyone who wishes to chat to use TS and use the AIM room for links and copy/pasted info.

I strongly suggest downloading Teamspeak even if you do not have a mic because you can still hear the discussion. (There is also text messaging on TS.)
sgort87

Postby orangekid13 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:53 pm

i wish teamspeak had a better text chat, or aim had group voice chat

so much for joel being involved today...
orangekid13

Postby acanz » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:23 pm

Why does it have to have set discussion topics?
acanz

Postby sgort87 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:43 pm

Yeah. He's a busy guy. I'm sure Joel will pop in once in a while. I actually spent the afternoon with him on the phone helping him set up Teamspeak, so he actually was on there for a while and is a member.

I have give up on the set discussion topics. It didn't work so well. Instead we will just come together with the intension of talking about <i>something</i>. Instead of one topic in mind I would like everyone to come prepared with something of their own that they have made/ discovered/ or would like to ask questions about/discuss. I think it will work out much better that way. If you can't think of anything then oh well, just come to see what the rest have to offer.
sgort87

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Mr.Plow » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:43 pm

They're more suggestions than set topics. Otherwise, with nothing spudgun related to talk about, the chats fizzle.

Everyone should get teamspeak. Its a really good idea.
Mr.Plow

Postby acanz » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:23 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sgort87
[br]Yeah. He's a busy guy. I'm sure Joel will pop in once in a while. I actually spent the afternoon with him on the phone helping him set up Teamspeak, so he actually was on there for a while and is a member.

I have give up on the set discussion topics. It didn't work so well. Instead we will just come together with the intension of talking about <i>something</i>. Instead of one topic in mind I would like everyone to come prepared with something of their own that they have made/ discovered/ or would like to ask questions about/discuss. I think it will work out much better that way. If you can't think of anything then oh well, just come to see what the rest have to offer.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That sounds good, thats how I was expecting it to be anyway [:p] (and I think that way will work best, it looks like everyone has trouble talking about a set topic).
acanz

Postby sgort87 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:40 am

Yeah, no one seems to be able to stay one one topic. But we always seems to go back to something interesting. And if anyone has a question about spudding the discussion immediately changes and the questions are answered.
sgort87

Postby saladtossser » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:32 pm

hey, can u tell me what time is ts on? it is 3:30pm here, and i cant get on bensterns ts server.
saladtossser

Postby sgort87 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:38 pm

It went down. We need to wait until he gets home to start it up again. I think his computer got turned off. Just watch for him on AIM and ask him.
sgort87

Postby benstern » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:31 pm

My mom but me on computer restriction but I think that I can still keep the server on as a service!
benstern

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion