My first (semi-serious) spudgun injury

Safety aspects of spud cannons.

Postby BewareOfDog » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:10 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>Originally posted by benny</b>
i couldent keep mine they were dizolvobal
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Soooo... How many stitches did the labotomy require?
BewareOfDog

Postby SpudMonster » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:30 pm

You mean lobotomy?

I wonder if he got to keep the ice pick?
SpudMonster

Postby draculon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:31 pm

The one that DR used to tear this guy a new one? Prolly not, who would wanna keep it.
draculon

Postby SpudMonster » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:41 pm

Quoted from wikipedia:

The procedure was popularised in the United States when Walter Freeman invented the "ice pick lobotomy" procedure, which literally used an ice pick and rubber mallet instead of the standard surgical leukotomy. Leaving no visible scars, the ice pick lobotomy was heralded as a great advance in "minimally invasive" surgery, and was eventually done under only local anaesthesia.

In a minimally invasive procedure, Freeman would hammer the ice pick into the skull just above the tear duct and wiggle it around. Between 1936 through the 1950s, he advocated lobotomies throughout the United States. Such was Freeman's zeal that he began to travel around the nation in his own personal van, which he called his "lobotomobile", demonstrating the procedure in many medical centres. He reputedly even performed a few lobotomies in hotel rooms.

Freeman's advocacy led to great popularity for lobotomy as a general cure for all perceived ills, including misbehaviour in children. Ultimately between 40,000 and 50,000 patients were lobotomised. A follow-up study of almost 10,000 patients claimed 41% were "recovered" or "greatly improved", 28% were "minimally improved", 25% showed "no change", 4% had died, while only 2% were made worse off (Tooth, et al. 1961). Lobotomies gradually became unfashionable with the development of antipsychotics and are no longer performed. The era of lobotomy is now generally regarded as a barbaric episode in psychiatric history.
SpudMonster

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby draculon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:49 pm

Spudmonster, I knew what you were talking about. I just thought I'd add my own brand of clueless humor to the mix. :p
draculon

Postby crashtestdummy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:10 pm

"d removed the filters for bitch and shit. [intercourse], [alternate gender preference], and [african-american] are still in place though."

I know this isn't relative to the digit injury here, but since i'm new to the forum, can someone explain to me why SpudMonster and SaladTosser insert strange words into their comments with brackets. im clueless as to the purpose.:?:
crashtestdummy

Postby flyingspuds2007 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:48 pm

Please don't kick up old topics, but the words in brackets are the ones that the cuss filter puts in place of more nasty ones.... for instance shit used to be [excrement] and bitch was [female canine]
flyingspuds2007

Previous

Return to Safety