Southwest IPLA meet??? All over :( 52 pictures!!!

IPLA related stuff. Online spudchucker competition.....etc.,etc.,etc.

Postby SpudMonster » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:51 pm

I am interested in going to and participating at them if there is one near me...
SpudMonster

Postby benstern » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:10 pm

might not be much in the San diego / los angeles area because there is not much open flat land that you can use.
benstern

Postby SpudMonster » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:43 pm

Drive out to El centro dude... NOTHING BUT FLAT!!! Nobody there too! (Admittedly a long drive)
SpudMonster

Postby SpudMonster » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:17 pm

Okay... I will (over the next few days) ask Luckythirteen13, Pimpmann22, and BCPneumatics if they are interested in attending a las vegas/pahrump meet.

I asked DR, and he said he didn't want to be shot and left for the buzzards in the Nevada desert... I can't tell if he was BSing me or not...
SpudMonster

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Pimpmann22 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:40 am

Ok, Im very intrested in attending such a meet. After talking to Benstern a while ago, I think it would be a good idea to have the meet in Bullhead, because it will equal out all driving times. Since we all know the desert is hotter then a b*tch in the summer portable shelters, will be needed for such a meet. (I think I got one em' round here somewhere...)

Well Spudmonster and I talked tonight. We hoped that we could catch people online and just strike up a quick chat conserning the meet, but no one else was available... So how about a chat on AIM on Thursday at 9PM MST and 8PM PST? We will just use the Spudtech chatroom on AIM.

People that should be there at the chat:
Myself (Pimpmann22)
SpudMonster
Benstern
Lucky Thirteen 13
BC Pneumatics
and any other newer members that would like to attend that are also located in area.
Pimpmann22

Postby SpudMonster » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:58 pm

That works for me. I have a 21 foot american clipper motorhome. That could mean multiple days of spudding... I was actually thinking around las vegas area, but yeah, bullhead might work. You mean bull head city AZ right?
SpudMonster

Postby benstern » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:17 pm

the final location is a 2 square mile tract of government land in north las vegas! I can commit a 25 foot pop-up camper. here is the location: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 9,0.042915
how many people can come? I would hope that DR could attend! also, someone must bring an empty 55 gallon barrel for water!
benstern

Postby SpudMonster » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:41 pm

That works nicely, although neither google maps or google earth tell me the name of the road that intersects losee.

On an unrelated note, could a mod please move this to GD? Almost nobody ever looks down in the competition/IPLA category...

EDIT: Let's start planning what we will be bringing

Me:

An 8 gallon 115 PSI air compressor

A gas generator rated at 1,200 watts (yeah I know it isn't much)

A 250 PSI cordless tire compressor

Two 25' re-coil air hoses

Luckythirteen's Piston-valved pneumatic

My 332 CI ABS combustion

My clear chambered "ultralightweight" cannon

MAYBE a 1,300 CI combustion/2x mix hybrid

Lots of ramen noodles

Macaroni and cheese

Canned soup

Camp forks

A 2 burner coleman stove

Maybe (but not likely) a gas grill

A 2 person tent

A gas-grill size propane tank

Paper towels

3 folding chairs

2 pairs of Channel-lock pliers

Assorted screwdrivers

A blowtorch

A few hundred feet of wire (insulated)

~100 zipties of assorted lengths

A bottle or two of Blue loctite

PVC primer, cement, and teflon tape

Lots of bottled water

Firewood

An old washing machine drum for having a roaring fire in (it has all the holes in the sides, so the fire gets A LOT of oxygen and it burns really hot)

Saucepans

Utensils
SpudMonster

Postby luckythirteen13 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:52 pm

I probably won't be going. I'm just not into spudding enough to drive that far. Too much time and my mustang guzzles gas and at $3.00 a gallon for premium and near $10 a gallon for 50/50 mix methanol/distilled water, the drive alone is too expensive. As it is, the only two guns I didn't give/sell to eric (hybrid and red combustion) almost made it to the neighborhood yearly trash day. That's when the city puts huge dumpsters out so you can throw sh*t away. We trashed tons of stuf in my garage. Eric knows how bad my garage was. Now its nearly empty
luckythirteen13

Postby SpudMonster » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:51 pm

Ohhhh yes. I remember how stuffed the garage was when I visited. You could barely walk around!;)

Well, who IS able to attend?
SpudMonster

Next

Return to Competiton / IPLA / Spudmeet