Southwest IPLA meet??? All over :( 52 pictures!!!

IPLA related stuff. Online spudchucker competition.....etc.,etc.,etc.

Postby Darth Tater » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:26 am

I hereby removed my posts that involve "DR" and "daughter" within the same post (except this one duh).

Although i meant it all as a compliment, i must say this;

I totally wasn't thinking... DR, my apologies for my postings, i clearly was not thinking much when i made those posts, it totally slipped my mind about how you are with things like that, and i sincerely apologize. I understand where you are coming from, and although i am young yet, and have no children, i do know where you are coming from with the whole protection thing, and not wanting images or any sort of information at all out there on the web. I am actually quite the same, i have to hesitate every time my name or any kind of personal information is required to be entered on some online website(even over a secure server), and even with my own sites. I also have one of those myspace page things (my friends somehow talked me into it) and i try to hide as much of my info as possible on there as well.

Technology is a beautiful thing, and being able to look someone up thousands of miles away, to say hi to an old friend is really awesome, but in the wrong hands it can be quite bad... and i'm sure you know that, you've probably run through scenarios that i haven't even thought about, but that's because you have lived longer than i, making you a lot wiser, and more knowledgeable on stuff that i haven't the first clue about, because you've experienced it first hand, and you are a father, so it's basically your duty to think about that stuff...

There is one thing i'd like to say though, to DR directly, and this is my feelings, if the world had more dads like you DR, it would really be a better place, if you really think about it, it would... not to mention a whole lot more fun ;).

Again, i apologize to you DR.

Sincerely,

D. Tater
Darth Tater

Postby benstern » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:59 pm

I think that this should be at least annual and at the most semi-annual.
benstern

Postby SpudMonster » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:41 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Darth Tater
[br]I hereby removed my posts that involve "DR" and "daughter" within the same post (except this one duh).

Although i meant it all as a compliment, i must say this;

I totally wasn't thinking... DR, my apologies for my postings, i clearly was not thinking much when i made those posts, it totally slipped my mind about how you are with things like that, and i sincerely apologize. I understand where you are coming from, and although i am young yet, and have no children, i do know where you are coming from with the whole protection thing, and not wanting images or any sort of information at all out there on the web. I am actually quite the same, i have to hesitate every time my name or any kind of personal information is required to be entered on some online website(even over a secure server), and even with my own sites. I also have one of those myspace page things (my friends somehow talked me into it) and i try to hide as much of my info as possible on there as well.

Technology is a beautiful thing, and being able to look someone up thousands of miles away, to say hi to an old friend is really awesome, but in the wrong hands it can be quite bad... and i'm sure you know that, you've probably run through scenarios that i haven't even thought about, but that's because you have lived longer than i, making you a lot wiser, and more knowledgeable on stuff that i haven't the first clue about, because you've experienced it first hand, and you are a father, so it's basically your duty to think about that stuff...

There is one thing i'd like to say though, to DR directly, and this is my feelings, if the world had more dads like you DR, it would really be a better place, if you really think about it, it would... not to mention a whole lot more fun ;).

Again, i apologize to you DR.

Sincerely,

D. Tater
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I deleted all of my posts regarding that issue as well.

I suppose that the buck stops with me, as I was the one who got the ball rolling with this whole mess. I deeply regret my previous postings, and hope you can forgive me DR. I accept full responsibility for my actions, and I really feel like an ass when I look back on it. I should have simply bit my fingers and not said anything. I suppose that this screw-up doesn't do a thing for my standing on the forums, and as such, I am contemplating taking a few weeks off, so I can hopefully return as a better, more respectful person.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. Maybe I should tape a mirror to my ass so I can have a clearer view of the future.

Once again, I am sorry about this whole thing DR. You are an awesome guy, and don't deserveto be pissed off like this.

Sincerely and regretfully,

SpudMonster
SpudMonster

Postby Navigator7 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:35 pm

I apologize for searching for DR's daughter's pic after all the mooing by the rest of you.

The one shot of DR and his family watching something fly away into blue yonder should be in the upcoming spudding pics calendar somebody in this forum is going to produce very shortly.
Navigator7

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby markfh11q » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:09 pm

How'd you know I was going to make a calender?!?!?!!?

Anyways, that all looks really fun. Just another thing that makes me wish I lived somewhere in the northwest instead of near an ocean full of mud from the Mississippi and filled with jellyfish.:?
markfh11q

Postby BewareOfDog » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:41 pm

Geez!
I said that I wasn't going reply on this matter again, but it would seem that now I have to...

To be clear, I am not mad about anything. Nothing deragotory was said, and hopefully the few questionable comments were all meant to be nothing more than comic.

I really do appreciate all of the pictures that were taken by your father. And I appreciate that you posted them. I have very few pictures of me and my kids together, and these are really cool.

There's no need to take a break from these forums, and no need to apologize. - I'm just very protective of my children. ;)
BewareOfDog

Postby Darth Tater » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I really do appreciate all of the pictures that were taken by your father. And I appreciate that you posted them. I have very few pictures of me and my kids together, and these are really cool.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Indeed DR, any family who shoots spudguns together, is AOK with me :).

I honestly don't know too many families who even know what a spudgun is, let alone are able to go shoot them together... and that just makes the pictures all the more cool.

:);)
Darth Tater

Postby SpudMonster » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:39 pm

I don;t know for sure yet, but my dad might be able to take me out in 2007 or 2008 for another meet. I think that around memorial day weekend would be good, as most people have a 3 day weekend.

We could use the same place as before, or we could go to a dry lakebed that's about 60 miles out of town. The only downside of the lakebed would be that we would have to bring our own targets. A perk is that most of our non-spud ammo WILL be recoverable. It's a dry lakebed after all, so the tennisballs and golfballs will be easy to find (no sagebrush)

If everyone in the southwest can come, we'll have a hell of a lot of people at the meet:

Me, DR, Benstern, Pimpmann22, BC Pneumatics, D_Hall, Luckythirteen13, Shannon (lucky's girlfriend), akb, Eric (akb's friend. The guy who made the "trident" launcher), and Robbie. Maybe Duster, Spudgunner86, P J, Spud Warrior, altfx4, and Bartman007?
SpudMonster

Postby benstern » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:59 pm

Cool! Could you please link to a google map of this dry lake bed?
A dry lake bed would be the best place for the firing of the DOBA launcher.
benstern

Postby BC Pneumatics » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:05 pm

For the love of god, forget about memorial day weekend!! It will likely be hot, hotels are more expensive, and the traffic is a bitch.
BC Pneumatics

PreviousNext

Return to Competiton / IPLA / Spudmeet