ky shootout, in may?

IPLA related stuff. Online spudchucker competition.....etc.,etc.,etc.

Postby SMOMW » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:45 pm

Ok, I live in the middle of ky, based on the frapper map the following members live "near" to me. (i'm going on what you have as your sn on the map located in this post http://localhost/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11268)

Mr.Plow
temple
jimmy
cacophobia91
pcguy
david bowie
utcpyro
Drew Roland
Tim Jones
sgort87
wessman987
kpanik
ojhspyro89
longshot

sgort and mrplow already expressed interest in having a shootout organized in my general location. I have plenty of space to do it and I beleive I have a reasonable ammount of room to either house (even better if we use tents) several people.

Heres what I'm thinking. IT will have to be during the summer or spring break since I am going to college and working and whatnot, it is going to have to start planning NOW so that everyone can organize, get time off from work, etc.

Anyone who expresses interest in this please post possible dates, I figure it needs to be organized for AT LEAST 3 days over a weekend or something simillar.

I know that its going to be about a 2-4 hour drive for some people so I am not expecting that much of an interest. Every time i've posted about it before i've not gotten much of a response.

I have the perfect yard for shooting, my front yard shoots directly into a hill and field. My house has all the power needs, someone will need to bring a large compressor if need be i suppose.

food is an issue i've not realy thought about, I have a grill so I guess hamburgers and hot dogs will be eisy enough....

of course I still havn't talked to my parents about it yet, however I don't think they will have a problem as long as everyone obeys some simple rules
like:
no alchohol, saftey with the spudguns, and respect our property
(I don't think any of those would be a problem)....

Please, If anyone on that list or anyone else for that matter is interested Post, e-mail me, im me, whatever. I'll get back on tonight when I get home from classes and post some possible dates to do this! perhaps even as soon as spring break?
SMOMW

Postby SpudMonster » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:52 pm

IIRC temple has been deleted from the SGTC forums... I wish I lived in KY... There's not that many people out here...
SpudMonster

Postby benstern » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:22 pm

don't worry spudmonster we could have our own mini shoot out! it could be at bullhead city or blythe. pimpmann could might even come!
benstern

Postby SpudMonster » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:15 pm

Let's not hijack SMOMW's topic...

Revive <a href="http://localhost/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10945">THIS</a> Topic
SpudMonster

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby SMOMW » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:24 pm

thanks spudmonster, didn't realize temple had been deleted. ..... ok anyways....
SMOMW

Postby utcpyro » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:29 pm

I can probably make it, if I'm out of school. Say, early in the summer or something like that. Weekends wont do, I'm taking 18 hours of hard stuff and It's already killing me.

If I do come, I have a compressor, and remote cannon fill system (incliding regulated and unregulated outputs, along with buffer tank) that I can bring. I also have a small He fill setup if any one wasnt to try for super sonic, and a few emergancy compressors for going over 150PSI (if the cannon is so designed). I can probably even bring a few charged CO2 and HPA tanks for high-pressures as well.

You have room to shoot over half a mile?
utcpyro

Postby davidbowie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:41 pm

I'm out. Sounds like fun, and KY isn't too far from where I live, but it just wouldn't work.
davidbowie

Postby Pimpmann22 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:16 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by benstern
[br]don't worry spudmonster we could have our own mini shoot out! it could be at bullhead city or blythe. pimpmann could might even come!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ya I could, but you would have to wait till this summer when I get my license. We could call it "West of the Rockies Shootout" or something. Also dont forget DR, that is if he wanted to go. Sounds good. What about starting a new topic so we dont high-jack the current?
Pimpmann22

Postby SpudMonster » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:55 am

<a href="http://localhost/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10945">THIS</a> Topic

Southwest IPLA meet
SpudMonster

Postby sgort87 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:36 pm

I would be able to do any days of the week for the most part if it is during the summer. Summer sounds best. That gives us plenty of time to prepare and make/test new launchers to be used there. I know I have A LOT of work to do before I can show up to this. I have about 6 guns that need to be made/repaired. I'm hoping to have the Blue Flame II, a few new pneumatics, and "BPL" done. It's a secret and I will not tell you what BPL stands for.

I think we should ALL bring compressors and as many extension cords as humanly possible.

We need to have someone bring a [excrement]-load of potatoes and have them up for sale at a REASONABLE price. No profits guys. If there are any profits let's donate it to Joel or something.

The same goes for propane, starting fluid, axe, right guard, etc.

Bring as many tools as possible. There WILL be things going wrong and people will need repairs. We may even get the chance to all build a few launchers on one day and fire them another. A contest could be held for which team can make the best cannon in 2 days or something.

SMOMW what kind of power tools is your shop limited to? I will bring a few tool boxes and my drill etc even if you have a full workshop but I do wonder if you have a miter saw. Hehe.

I can bring and would be happy to give off 4" and 2" (free) pvc pipe (not fittings). I get a lot of pipe for free and 4" and 2" are the ones I have the most of. Ask me if you REALLY need me to bring a different size and I will see if I can.

Comon Bowie. I'm sure you could make it. And you could pick up PC GUY or vice versa.
sgort87

Next

Return to Competiton / IPLA / Spudmeet