Southwest part 2? (Another Nevada meet)

IPLA related stuff. Online spudchucker competition.....etc.,etc.,etc.

Postby SpudMonster » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:22 pm

March and beyond work for me.

EDIT: We're looking at president's day weekend in february (17, 18, 19) other than that, it would be memorial day weekend which will probably be too hot.
SpudMonster

Postby benstern » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:44 pm

so far presidents day looks good so far...
benstern

Postby SpudMonster » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:59 pm

Call me a nut, but I want every single detail of this meet planned out so that there is nobody left wondering "Uhh... What the [intercourse]?" on the day of the meet.

When is everyone arriving? When is everyone leaving?

What are we doing at the meet/ (shooting at weeds gets a bit boring after a few hours) Let's bring targets, fire stuff, and maybe some fireworks. Maybe have a group project?

I know I'll be bringing some wood and the washing machine drum for the fire.

Also, it would be really appreciated if everyone attending the meet would send me their cell phone number, either by e-mail or my AIM/MSN. If you want to post it in the thread that is fine, but don;t be surprsed if ypu have a few stalkers, after all, its a public forum.
SpudMonster

Postby crashtestdummy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:26 pm

Assuming that the date doesn't get moved (again), I can make it to the Presidents Day weekend date, this February. I can pretty much be there from the 17th to the 19th, but I'll most likely be showing up every morning, while staying at a hotel at night.

To save time, I've made a list of stuff I can bring, using a revised version of your previous list.

o Myself
o Mom/Dad
o Little Sister…?
o Chevy Equinox
o ABS Combustion with wacked-out C:B ratio
o Relatively small pneumatic
o Piston valve pneumatic
o 125 PSI air compressor with Blowgun, tire valve attachments
o Assorted barrels (2.5â€Â
crashtestdummy

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby SpudMonster » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Yes, the location is the same. I'll be bringing the generator, but seeing as the generator puts out 3.8 KW and the compressor I have (and am planning on bringing) sucks up 2.4 it would be impossible, and kind of pointless IMO to bring another compressor. However, if you want to, tha's up to you.

As for gas usage, don't worry about it. Gas goes hella-far when you aren't driving. The genset only goes thru about 1 5-gallon tank per day of hard usage, and we won't be running it 24/7.

By the way, feel free to bring all the firecrackers you want. Nevada has just about the most lax laws regarding fireworks usage I know of.
SpudMonster

Postby crashtestdummy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:11 am

Alright. Sounds like a plan, then. I'm going to attempt to order a boatload of firecrackers / fireworks online. As for the compressor, I see what you mean, but I'll probably bring it anyways, 'cause you never know if one decides to die on us. (Plus it'll make me look less newbish,with so few supplies and stuff.)[:p]

Edit-- What is the name of the road on the map? Is there a name or anything so I can get directions? I'm all the way near Portland, Oregon.
crashtestdummy

Postby SpudMonster » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:45 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by crashtestdummy
[br]Alright. Sounds like a plan, then. I'm going to attempt to order a boatload of firecrackers / fireworks online. As for the compressor, I see what you mean, but I'll probably bring it anyways, 'cause you never know if one decides to die on us. (Plus it'll make me look less newbish,with so few supplies and stuff.)[:p]

Edit-- What is the name of the road on the map? Is there a name or anything so I can get directions? I'm all the way near Portland, Oregon.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Here is a link for you as goes directions.

<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=portland,+oregon&daddr=36.2920662514,-115.115560289&sll=36.287249,-115.106292&sspn=0.024837,0.057335&ie=UTF8&z=7&ll=40.245992,-114.23584&spn=6.020086,14.677734&t=h&om=1">Directions</a>
SpudMonster

Postby crashtestdummy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:57 am

Alright, I just didn't want to get there and then find out that I'm either in the wrong spot, or find out that no one else is there except me, because that would make me "hella"-mad :x (or something along those lines). Is there an approximate number of people from Spudtech that are going to be there?

Edit-- Is this date for the meet (February 17-19th) "set in stone," or is there going to be likely changes in dates? I can most likely make it, but probably not if the date is getting changed.
crashtestdummy

Postby SpudMonster » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:56 pm

Well....

Myself, DR (If he's been checking this here thread like he claims), Pimpmann22, BC Pneumatics, Benstern, Perhaps a fellow who posted in this topic under the name of Kyle P, and there are a few fellows from back east considering splitting gas and hauling ass out here... If they come, it would be Sgort87, And then (maybe on all) c0mpl3x, Jspellman, Darth Tater, and anyone else that gort considers. (I'm hoping Mr.Plow can/will make it out :P)

As for the directions, I'm not trying to confuse you, but this might save you a bit of driving time and gas. Where the 84 meets the 93 (around twin city ID) go south on it, and simply follow the 93 down thru nevada. The 93 then meets up with the 15 a few miles north of vegas. I must warn you though, the 93 is a real desolate stretch of road, with towns small, few, and far-between. I drove it once from las vegas to ely and only counted 93 csrs the whole trip.

EDIT:

It is essentially set-in-stone as far as I know.

EDIT 2:

[intercourse]... Benstern said that his family is planning to go to Rocky point Mexico over presidents day weekend...He suggested that we hold the meet during spring break... It's either that or memorial day weekend.
SpudMonster

Postby SpudMonster » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Seriously, I need to know if sometime during spring break or memorial day weekend works for everyone!
SpudMonster

PreviousNext

Return to Competiton / IPLA / Spudmeet