ky 07, need arival dates and end dates?!

IPLA related stuff. Online spudchucker competition.....etc.,etc.,etc.

Postby utcpyro » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:44 pm

I got internet coverted, unless some on is lucky enough to have Sprint and a motorola phone, they THEY have it covered and I'll set it up. If they have EVDO there we'll even have enough bandwidth to run a webcam again, but Skype would be quite laggy.
utcpyro

Postby Mr.Plow » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:01 pm

As long as wel have 1+ video cameras and some still cameras (more than cell phones), I think we're set.

I'll bring a video camera along (it's a late 90's model... I hope someone has something a bit more recent ;))
Mr.Plow

Postby SMOMW » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:55 am

just curious walter but how do you plan on having internet covered? I know for a fact we won't have cable access here, we are going to have to get satelite tv and internet probably... however we may have a phoneline already installed in the garage so that may be available.

unless you can hook your cellphone up as a modem i don't know any other ways....
SMOMW

Postby sgort87 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:04 am

Yeah, cell phones can work to supply internet access.

Walter, will I need Bluetooth for this or is it a different hookup to the phone?
sgort87

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby utcpyro » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:03 pm

EVDO via a cell phone man. I was just using it tonigh here in Chattanooga actually, as the school's net went down and my girl needed to work on a school project. Speed test was giving me 450k down, 58k up, so it's not terable by any streach. I have bluetooth and data cables for moto-phones coveted (two of each), so it's not a big deal.

Who does every one have cell service through, and what modle phone do you have?
utcpyro

Postby SMOMW » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:02 pm

I have cingular and barely get a signal at the site, so it may be a problem.... remember I'm in the middle of the boondocks. Has anyone looked up the field yet?

does everyone have sufficient directions? Post on here if you need them, i've slacked my e-mail checking here lately cuz of all the spam I'm getting from my parents and other sources.

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not but the house will probably only be under roof at this point in july, but the garage will be done and we will have electric, running water, etc. However if that isn't the case my grandfather is about 15min. away and we can shower/clean up there if we must. there are a few hardware stores around as well but the best are in paduca which is about 45min to an hour drive. Murray is right next door basically but all it realy is is the university.

I'll be working on an itenerary in the next few months but I need to know arival dates for everyone. I was hoping everyone could try and get to the property after about noon on sunday or later so we can set up camp and get everything put together.

walter are you still thinking about flying in?

also what project should we designate this year? Besides Gort fixing the mantis! (which I have yet had a chance to work on... or wanted to... I have build several small cannons thought! lol).

The
"hybrid" with the 3" union is still unfinished as well. I did finally get around to prssurizing it with the plastic plates as burst disks and it is a loud MF. but we still need to work out a fueling system for that and ignition...

I have a large bag of used disposable cameras from work (and I can get more) so we could work with those if you guys have any knowledge of it. I have yet to figure out how to get the circuit to work and emit a spark good enough for a cannon....

again, i need to know arrival dates and times for everyone as well as end date. I thought we'd go from sunday to saturday, everyone leaving sat. morning.

I think july 4th is the wed. of that week and I hope to kind of have a 4th celebration with my familly and other guests there. That should be fun.

hopefully I'll be able to ask off the whole week there, I hope everyone elses schedule works out. Get back to me asap.
SMOMW

Postby utcpyro » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:51 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SMOMW
[br]I have cingular and barely get a signal at the site
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well there's your problem! GSM may work well in Europe, but it sure sucks in the wide open areas of the US. If the Verizon-Altell merger goes though, I know 100% that it will work there, if not I'll just have to check the service maps.

Flying in? Not sure at this point. That would be a week-before type desicion.
utcpyro

Postby SMOMW » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:15 pm

coolio....
SMOMW

Postby sgort87 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:34 pm

It looks like we have a dual Mauler gun coming along with Boomer and myself. 6" chambers at 5' each. We are gonna need some BIG and THICK targets boys. Any junk cars around Dev? We will also need a freezer to do this right. Gonna need to freeze some soda bottles filled with water.
sgort87

Postby SMOMW » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:09 pm

i'll have the freezer taken care of I beleive.... no cars that I can think of at the moment but we may have some old apliances.
SMOMW

PreviousNext

Return to Competiton / IPLA / Spudmeet