Ideas for competions or games at IPLA events

IPLA related stuff. Online spudchucker competition.....etc.,etc.,etc.

Postby PotatoNick » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:12 pm

Whos ammo can leave the largest mark on the side of anything(all guns would use a traget made of same material) without leaving a hole in it
PotatoNick

Postby The_Rat » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:19 pm

Target practice, but make it tic tac toe.

Have something to do with parachutes.

See who can make the crappiest cannon that blows the quickest (20 feet of pressure rated tubing going to a compressor.....just a thought)

Divide into teams, each builds a fort, and then you try to capture an enemy flag. You use a uniform cannon that shoots tennis balls at a very low pressure to defend your forts, granted you have lots of padding and caged helmets.....like this cannon:
http://www.spudtech.com/content.asp?id=22
I dont mean for this too be dangerous but me and my buddys have tried this in a field and it was pretty fun, tennis balls didn't really hurt or kill anyone but they still pretty hurt.
The_Rat

Postby Mr.Plow » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:32 pm

if we ever want to have the least amount of public credibility, NO event can include shooting each other...not any more than the Knob Creek shoot could.[:o] Nor could we have a contest about blowing up cannons...both of those ideas are EXACTLY the opposite of what we're trying to show: spudguns can be SAFE and used RESPONSIBLY.

Nebulous' post from 6/11 is interesting, though. If the TN event happens this summer, it sure would be fun to launch a few spuds into the lake, as the lake house cove is quite secluded (little risk of hitting boaters). Hmmmm...
Mr.Plow

Postby Dextromethorphan » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mr.Plow
[br] If the TN event happens this summer, it sure would be fun to launch a few spuds into the lake, as the lake house cove is quite secluded (little risk of hitting boaters). Hmmmm...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You could see who can get a spud to skip across the lake the most times:D
Dextromethorphan

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby The_Rat » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:52 pm

Or put a pool toy out there for a target......large a fort made of those foam noodles...!
The_Rat

Postby draculon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:12 am

i dont know if im dragging up an old topic since this is a sticky and the last post is from two months ago,but how about a contest to see if someones combustion or pneumatic is better than someones hybrid, or vice versa
Edit: What about a pimped out launcher contest? See whos cannon is best decorated (decals, funky paint, accessories [fuzzy dice lol]) stuff like that maybe
draculon

Postby Lord of the Rings Junkie » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:48 pm

For evening, best tracer ammo. (No pyrotechnics!)

Whose ammo can make the most mess. (Expanding foam, anyone?)

Most effective parachute ammo.

Shortest shot.

Most original design. (think cannon of the month.)

Best clear chambered cannon. (For the few who have them.)

[Edit] I also vote not to exclude medieval siege weapons from the event. (i.e. onager, ballista, trebuchet, scorpion...)

[Edit 2] Most spectacular impact.
Lord of the Rings Junkie

Postby saladtossser » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:59 pm

the best solvent welded joint
auction, the plumbing industry should be invited, bulk pipes and rare ones.
nobody can say "dont kick up dead topics" cuz its a sticky
saladtossser

Postby SpudMonster » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:45 pm

Best muzzle flash, most recoil (same projectile for all shots), Who can make a potato SURVIVE, Who has the strongest "shockwave"
SpudMonster

Postby sgort87 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:10 am

<font color="green">Most Practical Gun Award: User friendliness, how well it is held, fired, loaded, fueled, barrels changed, barrel versitallity, ventillation speed, cosmetic appearance, how well it's aimed, etc...

Edit: Power and efficiency also.
sgort87

PreviousNext

Return to Competiton / IPLA / Spudmeet