IPLA press release template

IPLA related stuff. Online spudchucker competition.....etc.,etc.,etc.

Postby aturner » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:08 pm

As I promised in another topic, I've written a press release template for future IPLA events. I've written this in the format used by people who work in media relations, right down to the "###" at the end of the release. This is only a template, so feel free to edit as needed.

While this release was written to actually promote an event, it could easily be modified to the past tense to describe an event afterwards. This would be particularly helpful if an event organizer did not want to have media or the public (i.e. strangers) showing up to launch.

For now, I will simply paste the text below, b/c I don't know how to share a word document via the web. I would be happy to email this to anyone who would like the document in original format.

Here is the release.

<center>For Immediate Release [insert date of release]

<b>International Potato Launching Association: Convention and Expo </center></b>

[insert City and State in all caps] – The International Potato Launching Association (IPLA) will hold it’s [insert brief event description, ex: 1st annual convention and expo] on Monday, Nov. 29 at 5:45 p.m. The public is invited.

The event will be held at the [name a more specific location, ex: Farmer Joe’s Ranch] on [insert address], [insert some landmark if appropriate ex: near the Yadkin Valley River in Mayberry]. [Insert one sentence to describe any ‘celebrity’ attendance, ex: Yadkin town mayor John Smith will begin the event by launching the first ceremonial spud]. This unique outdoor event will also feature [insert some secondary event, ex: a bonfire, bar-b-que dinner, and live music on Saturday night]. The conference is expecting as many as [insert number] attendees from around the [world/nation/region/state/county].

The purpose of the this convention is to allow potato launching enthusiasts to gather to share their latest potato launcher innovations, to learn about safe launching practices, to compete in potato launching events, and to promote their hobby. The competitions are a highlight of any IPLA convention, and these events will measure the distance, accuracy, and power of potato launchers. Members of the public will also be able to get involved in the launching fun, and by making a $5 dollar donation to the [insert charitable organization], will be able to [insert public event, ex: try out a super sized potato launcher].

A focus of this event is safety. Therefore, a special launching area and viewing areas have been designated. In addition, convention organizers are requiring a safety inspection for all launching devices on the way in to the launching area. For spudguns newcomers, there will also be a safety seminar to [insert description, ex: teach the safest ways for someone new to the hobby to construct a basic potato launcher].

For more information about attending the event, contact [insert name], the conference planner, at [insert phone number].

<center> ### </center>

Media Contacts: [insert name], [insert email], at [insert phone].

EDITED for spelling and formatting
aturner

Postby Dextromethorphan » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:11 pm

Wow. Very impressive. This should be stickied because it could be used a lot. Great job!
Dextromethorphan

Postby BC Pneumatics » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:19 pm

Very nice work. I second the sticky.
BC Pneumatics

Postby ryno » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:10 pm

Stickied! Also, very nice, and great work. I like it.
ryno

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby MikeNice » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:59 am

Very nice release. Wonder if I put that out if anyone besides me would go to an AZ event. Ha ha on me.
MikeNice

Return to Competiton / IPLA / Spudmeet