Almost finished! pics & details

Postby Mr.Plow » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:01 pm

Wow thats impressive!

Where'd you get that relay, by the way?

I'm eager to see what that can do! Great job thus far!
Mr.Plow

Postby harmon12407 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:32 pm

i got the relay from a company called carl's electronics. the link to this specifi relay is:
http://www.electronickits.com/remote_control/rf2.htm
harmon12407

Postby Spudinator » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:49 pm

Heh, just bought one of those relays, thanks for the link! That is the first metal hybrid that I have actually seen here, and I've got to say, you did a hell of a good job, thats the cleanest hybrid (well, apart from Boogieman's hybrid) I've seen, especially being made out of metal. Would I be correct in assuming you are going to make a matching mount for it?

Planning sure pays off, huh?
Spudinator

Postby SpudMonster » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:57 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Spudinator
[br]That is the first metal hybrid that I have actually seen here, and I've got to say, you did a hell of a good job, thats the cleanest hybrid (well, apart from Boogieman's hybrid) I've seen, especially being made out of metal.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

http://forums.spudtech.com/topic.asp?AR ... IC_ID=5048
SpudMonster

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby sgort87 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:46 am

Gimmie that gun!

Heh, also weird that I bought a wireless relay a day or two ago for my new super-universal ignition box.

<font size=1>BTW if anyone is interested in this new box I would love to make you one. Just Email me or something. It going to all be in a 5x2.5x2" box with stun gun ignition, fan power, remote on/off, remote ignition, and wireless ignition. All the leads will use 1/8" phono jacks and will have velcro for use on any cannon easily.
sgort87

Postby Spudinator » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:02 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SpudMonster
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Spudinator
[br]That is the first metal hybrid that I have actually seen here, and I've got to say, you did a hell of a good job, thats the cleanest hybrid (well, apart from Boogieman's hybrid) I've seen, especially being made out of metal.

Thats not a hybrid;). Most people thought it was for some reason. the only way it could have been considered a hybrid is the way Gormanorv loaded it, he'd load a spud then inject fuel and oxygen into it, which would create a <i>tiny</i> bit of chamber pressure. All that really is is a damned cool oxy/MAPP combustion cannon.
Spudinator

Postby kuke » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Nice. I cant wait to see it finished.
kuke

Postby SpudMonster » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:53 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Spudinator
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SpudMonster
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Spudinator

Thats not a hybrid;). Most people thought it was for some reason. the only way it could have been considered a hybrid is the way Gormanorv loaded it, he'd load a spud then inject fuel and oxygen into it, which would create a <i>tiny</i> bit of chamber pressure. All that really is is a damned cool oxy/MAPP combustion cannon.

<font size=2>Hmm... http://forums.spudtech.com/topic.asp?AR ... IC_ID=4970

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Spudinator</i>
<br>
yup, definelitely hybrid.
SpudMonster

Postby markfh11q » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:01 am

Sorry to <B>kick</B> up an old thread, but are you almost done with this thing? I ask because I found a recent post of yours, so maybe you're still hanging around.

If you're not finished, WHAT DO YOU NEED?!?!?! It's killing me, I wanna see this thing done![:p]

It looks like you need to install the spark plug. That's #1.

I'm assuming that's it? Do you need a tap or something? I can get you one.:D

EDIT: Guess he's not still hanging around.
markfh11q

Postby harmon12407 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:59 pm

haha my thread poped up today when you edited. I must have missed it over thanksgiving. At any rate, I come on the forums just about everyday, but I only post when I can contribute some relevent, thoughtful idea.

on to the cannon.. this is actually very good timing, because I just got my first successful launch today. in august, I finished the cannon, but i had several ignition problems. I finally got ahold of some graduated cylinders to re-calculate my volume and VOILA!! IGNITIONN!!! and i must add, this thing is a MONSTER!! :D

I need to order a more accurate pressure gauge for my regulator, and revamp my igniton. Right now it's stun gun entrainals in a small cardboard box :? I also had a wireless relay, but I accidently ran too much current though it and fried the components. not good.

I need to give the cannon another touch of paint and this baby should proudly be in the finished cannon section in the next week or two. it IS finished, but I want to take my time in putting together a decent post for this cannon. Its been 13 months and $350+ since i've started, but it came out really great.

Also, mark, I read your posts regularly and i realy admire all the cannons and ideas you have contributed over the past few months. You really know your stuff, and it shows. You've got a great collection of cannons: mini's, your own metal hybrid, several combustion guns, and some cool pneumatics. I like your work a lot, and value the posts that you make. Been meaning to tell you for a while.. just never got around to it.

But, back to the point of this post: this cannon is comming soon! just hold your horses. I'll get it done, and then you can all ooh and ahh over the shiny metal :oops:

Edit: picture! http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/h ... CT0335.jpg
harmon12407

PreviousNext

Return to Hybrid Launchers