Egg Drop Assignment

Post stuff here pertaining to non-spud related projects that many forum members seem to enjoy. Hovercrafts, dirt bikes, electronics, propane-powered bikes, go-karts, etc. This is more of a project area,
not a place to chat about what you saw yesterday on TV. Remember to keep it within the forum rules!

Postby sgort87 » Tue May 30, 2006 11:49 am

... you all right Walt? I know you miss Dev's boner but you should still try to refrain from making posts like that.
sgort87

Postby crashtestdummy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:08 pm

when all else fails, make a cheap green screen and with a little video editting, add a background and make it look like the egg is falling. :D
crashtestdummy

Postby sgort87 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:40 pm

And how will he bring that to the physics class that I'm sure is over?
sgort87

Postby lewist » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:51 am

I imagine the competitionn has now been done, however my idea given the available construction materials is......

either cheat..... e.g. a 19 foot 11 inch stip of paper and straws and tape and drop it the last inch.... .... mythbusters stye...

or some of the straws and paper to make some sturdy wings, a bit like heli rotor blades, attached to a frame to support the egg, then make a crumple zone at the bottom out of a piramid of staws and paper. the heli blades keep the egg upright as well as considerably slowing its decent, and then the crumple zone to protect it when it hits the ground... should work fairly well! given the available consruction materials
lewist

Sponsored

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Projects