Is this ok for the forum?

Post stuff here pertaining to non-spud related projects that many forum members seem to enjoy. Hovercrafts, dirt bikes, electronics, propane-powered bikes, go-karts, etc. This is more of a project area,
not a place to chat about what you saw yesterday on TV. Remember to keep it within the forum rules!

Postby BiggSauce » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:10 pm

Erm, is the discussion of flamethrowers prohibited? I've already had a locked post pertaining to flaming projectiles (sorry) and I don't want to post anything legally "unsavory." I have a design and I am looking for some criticism. (That is, if the discussion is allowed. If not, tell me to delete it or just lock it. whatever works)
BiggSauce

Postby utcpyro » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:03 pm

It's not allowed here. I you can talk about them on Spudfiles though.

BTW, flame throwers are VERRY illegal, and if you get caught you may be charged with a felony (BAD for trying to get a job).
utcpyro

Postby sgort87 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:06 pm

Go to <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com">SpudFiles</a> for discussions on those. It is not allowed here because they are not exactly legal and this is a forum for a business. SpudFiles has less restrictions on the discussion limits.

As long as you don't talk about anything obviously dangerous and/or hurtful to anything/anyone then I wont lock or delete it.
sgort87

Postby spuzi14 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:13 pm

You could and maybe should go to BCPneumatics for discussion of them. He has one and there's instructions for it(distance mod to, I think). So I would go there but whatever.
spuzi14

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby TurboSuper » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:14 pm

The rule of thumb here is this: Keep it under control.

Anything that can get out of control, I.E. flamethrowers, pipe bombs, flaming projectiles, TWOS threads bashing DR, etc. are prohibited for that reason (except for that last one, but it's bad practice anyways). With a spudgun you have control over where it's going to be doin the damage.
TurboSuper

Postby sgort87 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:16 am

I could argue about that damage comment but I wont. This is not the place. Let Spudfiles or sometrhing else be that place instead.
sgort87

Postby BiggSauce » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:12 am

Ok I wasn't sure whether a flamethrower was similar to flaming projectiles or not. I'll give spudfiles a shot when I can find my plans.

Thanks
BiggSauce

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Projects