Paintball gun starter pack

Post stuff here pertaining to non-spud related projects that many forum members seem to enjoy. Hovercrafts, dirt bikes, electronics, propane-powered bikes, go-karts, etc. This is more of a project area,
not a place to chat about what you saw yesterday on TV. Remember to keep it within the forum rules!

Postby Ian2accurate » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:39 pm

Ya, I got it. You actually just have to push the bolt forward as far as you can, which will ingage the trigger into the sear. Then you press the trigger once, push the bolt again, trigger, and then it pops in place. I've tried it with the HPA and it seems to work a little better. I think the recock is a little quicker and it is a little quieter. I figured out how that velocity adjuster works, but its not real precise. I don't know how consistant it is when I keep taking the bolt out, I might have to turn it up a little bit for the HPA actually, caz it was getting like 270 instead of 280. Also, do you think it would be a bad idea to put a few ports on the sides of the barrel to make it quieter? This barrel is kinda crappy but I might have to deal with it for now.
I want to get a new delrin ACS bolt as well. I think I'm averaging about 5-6 bps when I really try. I might hit 7 bps if I'm lucky but probably not. Is the bolt also supposed to shoot a pocket of air into the area where the next ball sits? It has a little bit of air escape there.
Ian2accurate

Postby Ian2accurate » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:43 pm

Ugh... Well a very interesting experience. I got to play one game for $18.
Anyway, I got there, I just pressurized my scuba tank so I could get an almost full tank, so I pay and everything, then I go to chrony the gun. I start shooting then I get 290, 315, 280, 310. Then I start adjusting it down. I get like 280, 287, 305, 270, 311. So I keep going, and eventually I can't unscrew it anymore. So I open it up, and the extension on the bolt that attaches it to the hammer is pushed down to far, so the spring only goes part of the way into the hammer. Anyway, probably hard to picture, it makes it so the spring is too tight and not really firm into anywhere. So I go to the shop to see if they can unscrew that part on the bolt, and the screw is stripped (plus they don't have the right size hex wrench). We try hitting it to force it down, but its stuck. We ended up clipping the spring shorter. He went in the back somewhere with some of his paintballs and an HPA tank, and then after about 5 minutes he says he shot it and got 280 three times in a row.
So, eventually I get all ready, look around and eventually get located to a walk-on field. It is a woods-ball game but its not real great. There's barely anything to hide behind. We have to attack the other teams little base of boards and stuff. I start walking in, I can barely see caz there's so many trees, then I keep moving up and I station myself by two barrels. They don't see me but then I pop 4-5 balls into their base and they let a barrage at me. I don't get hit but there is a lot of paintsplatter everywhere. I get another few shots in, then one ball tips my arm. Its kinda weird though, because it didn't even leave a mark. It clearly hit me because of all the paint and I felt it hit me.

So after that, I'm driving home and there's some crazy intersection without any stoplights. I keep going until I notice a car driving right infront of me.... [continued in car crash post]...
Ian2accurate

Previous

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Projects