locking doorknobs

Post stuff here pertaining to non-spud related projects that many forum members seem to enjoy. Hovercrafts, dirt bikes, electronics, propane-powered bikes, go-karts, etc. This is more of a project area,
not a place to chat about what you saw yesterday on TV. Remember to keep it within the forum rules!

Postby flyingspuds2007 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:06 pm

ah, then disregard my post, i thought they were about your age.
there is a device you can put over a mital doorknob that will sound an alarm when it's touched, but i can't find a link to it...
flyingspuds2007

Postby rsgpit » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:33 pm

I like the doorstop. Or a nuclear reactor that shoots radiation at their lower reigons so they never get interrupted while "shucking their corn".
rsgpit

Postby sharpshooter » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:55 pm

A 2x4 between the door, and some sturdy object would do the trick. In my room, wen i dont want people to get in, i have a 4ft chunk of 2x4 that i place between the bottom of my door and my bed. It should to the same as a door stop, but it wont slide. I like the chair idea as well.

That doesnt solve the problem for when your not in the room though. The best thing would probably be getting a whole new door knob/lock that has a key.
sharpshooter

Postby Kenny_McCormic » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:12 pm

i have the same lock on my bedroom door and my sister can make keys for it to
keep the paintball gun loaded and use it when nessasery
but airsoft doesnt splatter pait everywhere and a cheap spring pistol is $5
i used to use a $30 mini aeg i got at meijers to keep my sister out but it jammed and is still on a shelf waiting to be fixed worst part is she she knows its busted and i dont feel like goining to the flea market to get a spring pistol
Kenny_McCormic

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby spudman029 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:01 pm

what part of "they are 4 and 7" don't you understand?
spudman029

Postby markfh11q » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:18 pm

Drill one of those little hook hangers at the top right hand corner of the door frame. If your room is "standard", there will be a light switch at the right side of the door. Tie a string to the doorknob on the inside, then run it up over the hook and then back down, then tie it to the light-switch in the "down" position.

This way, when they open the door, they will flip on the light, at which point you can wake up and then throw a remote control at them.
markfh11q

Postby ishallstabyouwithabluntsp » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:56 pm

If you take the knob off the inside of the door and remove the bar that connects the knobs to the bolt assembly, turning the knob on the outside will do nothing. You can keep the knob and bar to hand and just friction-fit them into place when you need to open the door
ishallstabyouwithabluntsp

Postby Green Villain » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:41 pm

First off, keep your stuff put away so it's not accessable. Then I'd just put a new lockset on the door so you need a key to get in.
Green Villain

Postby saladtossser » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:59 pm

just put a soldering torch up to your side of the knob all day
tiny thumb tack on the bottom?
rig up a stereo with a trip wire?
btw, 4 and 7 cant tell the diff between a camera shock and a regular everyday zap here and there

a screw in the hole would work
saladtossser

Postby shadowscion » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:05 pm

have you tried opening the doorknob up and looking what parts are in it? you could probobly modify it somehow by taking a peice out or something so it doesnt open when you push something in the hole
shadowscion

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Projects