locking doorknobs

Post stuff here pertaining to non-spud related projects that many forum members seem to enjoy. Hovercrafts, dirt bikes, electronics, propane-powered bikes, go-karts, etc. This is more of a project area,
not a place to chat about what you saw yesterday on TV. Remember to keep it within the forum rules!

Postby Drew Rowland » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:49 pm

You guys are overthinking this waaay too much. I think it was mentioned before, but a dab of JB weld is all you need. KISS
Drew Rowland

Postby spudman029 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:27 pm

Obviously you dont understand my stepbrothers like i do. If you flick the 7 year old, he will cry, yet you want me to SHOCK a 4 year old? i dont think so.
spudman029

Postby flyingspuds2007 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:58 pm

How about this.
Just sit down with them, and your parents, and lay down the groundrules for your room.
Work something out, so that when/if they go into your room, some consequence happens, like they get grounded for a day, or they forfiet ther allowence for the week.
Your parents can be the weapon of choice to stop your problems, seeing that your brothers are so young.
flyingspuds2007

Postby Mr.Plow » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:25 am

Instead of the door... why not lock up your stuff?

Get a trunk/large bag, put the stuff inside it, and padlock it. Done.
Mr.Plow

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Mtrhd0024 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:21 pm

The door can't be unlocked if you are holding the button in on the other side. It's hard to explain, but i've made a device using coathanger wire that holds the button in. just wrap the wire around the middle of the knob. Then wrap a piece from the back of the created oval to the front. Then remove it, and bend the part that overlaps the button in, so that it applies pressure to it. I used this method to keep my sister out and it works great. Just be sure not to leave this device on, and accidently shut the door, cuz then you can't get back in. Sorry the instructions kind of suck, but its hard to explain over the net...
Mtrhd0024

Postby Los Frijoles » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:14 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by spudman029
[br]Obviously you dont understand my stepbrothers like i do. If you flick the 7 year old, he will cry,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
My 12 year old brother is the same way...except he dosn't cry: he makes a HUUUUUGE deal about it and I get in loads of trouble...but I guess that is to be expected.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Instead of the door... why not lock up your stuff?

Get a trunk/large bag, put the stuff inside it, and padlock it. Done.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's what I do with my 'things that go boom when lit'. I have this toolbox I keep them in.
Los Frijoles

Postby kozak6 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:19 pm

Just glue something over the hole. Easy.
kozak6

Postby tatorassassinator » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:12 pm

Take the knob apart. Cut a tiny piece of plywood and place it over the hole inside. Try to put the knob together and if the wood gets in the way just trim it a little bit. Once perfect there will be no way for any thing to get in there and no parts will be able to move so they cant get in.
tatorassassinator

Postby c0mpl3x » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:34 am

mix jbweld, pour into knob. fixed!
c0mpl3x

Postby davidbowie » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:05 am

If you want to have some fun with it:

http://view.break.com/101155

Tone it down of course (maybe a kickball on a rope?).

Oh, and lock up your stuff. Padlocked duffle bag in the closet should do the job.
davidbowie

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Spudgun Related Projects