Inline Vortex SMG

Just build a cannon and want to show it off? Post it in here.

Postby noname » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:49 pm

Here it is, but it's not completely done. I never painted it black, instead, it's red and green. The paintjob is currently kind of sloppy because I'm only about half done painting it.

Barrel: 9/32" aluminum brakeline sleeved into 5/16" aluminum
Magazine: 9" long 1" SDR 21, it can hold about 600 airsoft; 900 .177
Valve: Modified blowgun

It has a hop up for metal BBs, the sight on the end of the barrel is a magnet. It kind of works but not a whole lot. Who cares?
It shreds cans from 50 feet away at as low as 70 psi, which means I can shoot non stop for about a minute and a half if it held enough ammo. The ROF is about 75-100 rps depending on the pressure, due to the 20" barrel and the improved vortex block.
It's an improved vortex block because at first it was jammed and wouldn't shoot, so I tore the gun apart, took out the block, ripped of the shrouds, and voila, haven't had a jam since.It also only has half the vortex hole, this keeps BBs from circling around more than once and makes it more compact.

Sorry I can't post any pics, but I can link to some at the Spudshot Forum:
<a href="http://spudshot.com:/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=1967#1967">HERE</a>
Leave feedback anyways, this is not my Ultimate Inline, it's the first.
noname

Postby noname » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:21 pm

80 views and no posts? Did you guys manage to miss the "leave feedback" part? I painted it flat black today, I'll see if I can get a couple more pics.
noname

Postby Zorrowannabe9 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 pm

well:
A. You linked to another forum for details
B. Its really not that great, the massive amount of what I presume is JB weld
c. Its not that extraordinary of a BBMG.
Zorrowannabe9

Postby shadowscion » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Probobly not what most people were expecting from the de$cription of your other topic. It could benifit alot by a good bondo job to make it more pleasing to the eye. I guess it works, though.
shadowscion

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Freefall » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:40 pm

In the spirit of "if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all", I won't comment on the appearance. [:p]

But...
Since this is your first inline, I'll congratulate you on building something that actually works. Nice job.
Freefall

Postby noname » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:39 pm

Yeah, the Bondo got kind of out of control, I'm trying to get rid of some of it with a Dremel bit. Maybe I'll just cut/chip it all off and reattach the handles with screws.
Linking to the Spudshot forum was required if I were to show pictures, because the pictures are all about 700kb, and a new type of software doesn't let me open them with Paint or Microsoft Photo Editor to resize them. Sorry about that.
Extraordinary, hmmm, I can't say I've seen anything too similar, maybe you have.
noname

Return to Finished Cannons