Monster Pneumatic!

Just build a cannon and want to show it off? Post it in here.

Postby PSI » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Rmich732
[br]WOW! Go out, by a cheap rowboat, and anchor it to the bottom. See how many shots it takes to sink it!

EDIT: Could you possible provide some photographs of this beast?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Have lots of photos showing complete build but I was unable to drag them into the original post. If you explain how I get photos onto this forum I'll post them.
PSI

Postby fullmetaljacket » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:19 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Have lots of photos showing complete build but I was unable to drag them into the original post. If you explain how I get photos onto this forum I'll post them.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

http://www.spudfiles.com/uploader/index.php

the password is "spudtech"
fullmetaljacket

Postby PSI » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:04 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fullmetaljacket
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Have lots of photos showing complete build but I was unable to drag them into the original post. If you explain how I get photos onto this forum I'll post them.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

http://www.spudfiles.com/uploader/index.php

the password is "spudtech"

Thanks! I uploaded a few pics....I have another quick video showing the barrel and steam exiting at launch if interested. Not sure how to upload that one though.
PSI

Postby Navigator7 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:12 pm

Me like too!

Is that a blaster valve unit for silos and such and for keeping materials flowing?
Navigator7

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Hotwired » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm

I've just wondered... how do you get it loaded and unloaded from the trailer?

Small crane or loads of people?
Hotwired

Postby UnheardWhispers » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Very cool. :)
UnheardWhispers

Postby PSI » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Hotwired
[br]I've just wondered... how do you get it loaded and unloaded from the trailer?

Small crane or loads of people?

Believe it or not, unloading, loading AND getting the barrel up and mounted can be done with one person.

To load it onto the trailer I just use a come along with one end wrapped around the flange and the other end at the front of the trailer (near the tongue). Start winching and as it nears the back end of the trailer the trailer just tips back on its own and as you keep winching it pulls right up onto the trailer. Once at even balance the trailer lowers back down onto the tongue and you keep winching it till its all to the way back of the trailer.

To unload I just reverse the process hooking the come along to the very back of the trailer and the other end around the flange again. Once its almost off I have to sort of grab the tongue of the trailer and move it side to side a little for the last foot but not hard.At this point the tongue of the trailer is off the ground with the launcher on the very edge of the back of the trailer.

On the barrel, the white A frame works as a pivot. The barrel is evenly balanced on its pivot rods. Using a come along I put the hook of one end of the come along into one of the bolt holes of the top of the valve and the other end through one of the bolt holes on the barrel. Then winch it up. Once within about 6" of being in place the weight of the barrel is balanced evenly on the A frame but also there is little or no pull on the cable at this point because the A frame is standing straight up. Then slide the bolts into place.

Getting the barrel onto the A frame in the down position is tough but doable. The barrel weighs a ton of course. 1/4 thickness on the wall.
PSI

Postby schmanman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:46 pm

how long/what diameter are the air chambers? the barrel? very nice, but I am puzzled on the valve you used. what kind, and what size porting?

very nice job!
schmanman

Postby PSI » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:29 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by schmanman
[br]how long/what diameter are the air chambers? the barrel? very nice, but I am puzzled on the valve you used. what kind, and what size porting?

very nice job!

The main receivers are 8" diameter and roughly 16 feet long. The barrel is 10 feet long at 6" diameter. The valve was the valve we had and can be replaced with a larger if/when we get one. The smallest port is 2 1/2" on one side of the valve and 3" on the other.
PSI

Postby sgort87 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:17 pm

Simply incredible. I nominate for Mega Class.

And what exactly is that valve? I don't know if I've ever seen one.
sgort87

PreviousNext

Return to Finished Cannons