[Pneumatic] TP Cannon

Just build a cannon and want to show it off? Post it in here.

Postby clide » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:23 pm

Well I didn't think it could be done, but I built a gun even more useless than the horseshoe launcher.

I built it a few months ago, October I believe. It's a chamber sealing coaxial that shoots toilet paper. I haven't and probably never will TP someones house, and even if I did I wouldn't use the gun. I built it because I was frustrated with my main project and this gun is the simplest of any of my ideas. I build guns to design and build them more than to shoot them anyway. I was going to paint it flat black and have a nice cover for the rear of the gun, but I was dissapointed with the performance so I didn't bother.

It shoots about as high as someone with a good arm could throw, and is louder than I thought it would be.

I'll get some pics up of the insides once I can find my memory stick, but here is a short video. I wasn't aiming for the trees but the second shot lands right on the top...ugh
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6762608055
clide

Postby randomvictim » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Soak the TP first = giant spit balls.
randomvictim

Postby crashtestdummy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:34 pm

Hahaha... This one is pretty cool. I don't think I've ever seen a chamber-sealing coaxial before.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I build guns to design and build them more than to shoot them anyway.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I totally agree with you on that. To me, it's just as much, if not more satisfying to design/build an original cannon than to shoot it, in my opinion.

By the way, what was your original main project?
crashtestdummy

Postby Velocity » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:42 pm

NO!! I WANTED TO BE THE FIRST TO BUILD A CHAMBER SEALING COAXIAL PNEUMATIC!!!

...although, my ammo would have been doughnuts; using toliet paper was another good choice

Oh well, I dont have a lathe, probably won't ever get one, so whatever.... enough of my rambling

Great gun you have there. Once again, you have made something completely revolutionary/new that few people would even dream of doing... I always like to see your posts in the finished cannon section, solely for the "wow, didn't expect that" factor.
Velocity

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby markfh11q » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:23 am

I love clide's posts too. The designs are always brilliant!

BTW, do you even use PVC fittings anymore? All I've ever seen on you cannons is lathed down PVC stock... I might have to try that someday for a coaxial or something.
markfh11q

Postby An Apple Pie » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:06 am

Looks really cool. Your ideas are always seem so random to me, yet they are all functional and revolutionary (kinda[:p]).

Even though it is not that powerful it still would be kinda cool to have a toilet paper gun lying around.
I mean think about it. One of your friends comes over to your house to visit, and he is like "Hey what's that tube thing in the corner over there?" And then you say "Oh, that is just my toilet paper gun." It would be great.
An Apple Pie

Postby SpudMonster » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:25 am

That is the greatest prank item of all time. TurboTP. For when arms just won't cut it.

NICE work by the way. I'm once again amazed by your cunstruction skills.
SpudMonster

Postby clide » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:05 pm

Pretty good idea randomvictim, but I think it would make a huge mess trying to cram a spitball down there, I think I would put the TP in first and then pour some water on it. I may actually try that.

I'm not sure if I want to reveal what my main project is. I do like to surprise people, but I will say that it has to do with high efficency, and it does look promising.

mark, actually I use mostly PVC fitting, its just that they are almost all heavily modified. On the small guns I use PVC stock, but on the bigger ones I mostly just mix, match, and modify PVC fittings to do what I want. In fact, no PVC stock was used on this gun.

Heh, yeah I just leave my cannons laying around in the garage and in my room, but usually when anyone that would be remotely intrested in these things comes to my house my parents have already told them that I build cannons, so I just pick out a few to show them when they ask about it. My dad said that the guy who came to repair our water softener was into spudguns and he spent most of the time looking at my stuff and telling my dad about his guns. Unfortunately I wasn't there at the time.

Thanks for all the compliments.
clide

Postby An Apple Pie » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:31 pm

The only people that I know personally that are remotley interested are either really stupid and think that you cannot get any better/more powerful than their simple combustion that uses hairspray and is ignited by sticking a lighter through a hole in the side, or they are very interested in buying one from me, but then loose interest almost immidiatly.

Did you use any un-modified PVC fittings on this?
An Apple Pie

Postby Robcsmall » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:35 pm

Dude! That's the BOMB! Killer idea. This would be awesome firing at a HS football game. A real safe crowd pleaser. chamber sealing coaxial design is perfect for this ammo. If you give me the barrel dimensions ID barrel, OD chamber. I can custom cut some (nerf like) foam plugs. You will love this safe ammo! With these foam donuts you will get a much better seal. If you stuff one down first then the TP. I'm sure you will get more distance.
Robcsmall

Next

Return to Finished Cannons