[Pneumatic] TP Cannon

Just build a cannon and want to show it off? Post it in here.

Postby Iowaengineer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:48 pm

Great piece of work. Man, what I could have done with that in high school. Keep up the great work
Iowaengineer

Postby clide » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:23 pm

tim, yeah a similar concept could be used to produce an in-line valve, although it might require some fiddling to attach the pilot exhaust valve and still allow access to service the piston. If I were going for a launcher like this, but without the toroidal barrel, I would probably go for a barrel sealing toolies style piston. Where there is a piston that runs from the back of the chamber to seal against a barrel port in the front.

Thanks Plow, I don't know how great the idea was, but I am proud of the execution.
If the sabots that Rob have made me make it fairly useful for other projectiles or give a significant performance boost to the TP, I may look into finishing it up with a plug for the back and a paint job.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention was that a 12g CO2 cartridge will fill it quite nicely to 120 psi if you are willing to inject it upside down to get all the liquid in there, which is probably not the best idea, but the brass manifold should do decent job as an expansion chamber. Alternatively you would have to wait for the liquid CO2 that remains in the cartridge to warm back up after the initial injection. I can't remember, but its probably somewhere from 80 to 100 psi without the upside down charge.
clide

Postby tim jones » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:30 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by clide
[br]tim, yeah a similar concept could be used to produce an in-line valve, although it might require some fiddling to attach the pilot exhaust valve and still allow access to service the piston. ...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I was thinking about that this morning. The valve seat could be built in a 2" male adapter on the end of the pressure chamber, and a 2" female adapter could be attached to the end of the reducing coupler. This would allow access to the piston, and would also allow interchangeable pressure chambers! May just try that.
tim jones

Postby rdx » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:11 pm

i`m not sure what kind of in-line valve cannon you are talking about ,but i have made in-line valved cannon i can post some pics if you want to see it
rdx

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby hi » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:53 pm

for the spite ball, just set a bucket in the most popular part of the city and have a sign next to it that says " spite in me" then... you get the idea
hi

Previous

Return to Finished Cannons